Essex's PCC is proposing a 3.25% increase in the Essex Police part of Council Tax.
Thefts At Churches & Charity Shops in Bishop's Stortford
Police are looking for two men, after a series of burglaries and attempted burglaries in Bishop's Stortford.
Seven buildings in the town centre, including churches and charity shops, were targeted overnight on Thursday, January 8 and into the early hours of Friday, January 9.
• Water Lane United Reformed Church in Water Lane - window smashed, safe stolen
• Oxfam in North Street – front door smashed, cash and watches stolen
• Keech Hospice in Potter Street – glass smashed in front door, nothing taken
• Sue Ryder in South Street – front window smashed, nothing taken
• The Methodist Church in South Street – front door smashed but nothing taken
• British Heart Foundation in Potter Street – front door smashed, cash and watches stolen
• Cancer Research UK in Potter Street – front door smashed, cash stolen
Damage totalling more than £1,500 was also caused to the buildings.
Detective Constable Shaun Turner, who is investigating, said: “These incidents have understandably caused a great deal of upset to the victims and the wider community in Bishop’s Stortford.
“I would like to speak with the people pictured as they may have been in the area at the time and could have information which may assist with the investigation.
“I would also appeal to anyone who has any other information about the burglaries to contact me as soon as possible.”
Essex one of the top ten places in the country for calls to the RSPCA about organised dog fighting.
Essex's Police and Crime Commissioner is launching a new initiative to prevent youngsters being exploited by gangs.
Abellio selling 40% of the Greater Anglia rail franchise.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.