A five-year-old boy has suffered life-threatening injuries when a suspected learner driver crashed into him in Saffron Walden.
Woman Hurt After Camping Stove Explodes In Westcliff
A woman from Westcliff has been treated by paramedics after the gas camping stove she was using exploded.
Emergency services were called to Westbourne Grove just before 6.30pm yesterday.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service says the woman had been boilding water on the stove because her kitchen is being renovated, and then the gas canister exploded.
Sub Officer Steve Milligan said: "Our best advice is never use a gas stove indoors or on a flammable service.
"Not only do gas stoves pose a risk of explosion but could also lead to a build up of deadly carbon monoxide gas."
A man who set a fire on the ninth floor of a block of flats in Southend, killing a neighbour and her unborn child, has been made subject of a hospital order.
Heart can reveal since so called 'legal highs' were banned last May - Essex Police have made 9 arrests relating to the supply or possession of the drugs.
Prince Harry's visited Epping Forest as part of a conservation project. See the pictures here.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.