New Way Of Treating Patients
The Urgent Care Centre at Tiverton and District Hospital, Kennedy Way, Tiverton, is open seven days a week between 8am and 10pm and is staffed by a team of highly qualified general practitioners (GPs) and nurse practitioners.
You do not need an appointment to visit the centre and we will provide treatment for a host of minor injuries and ailments including:
- Cuts, grazes and wounds;
- Sprains, strains, muscle or joint injury;
- Broken bones (fractures);
- A bite, sting or skin rash;
- Treatment for a minor infection;
- Minor head injuries;
- Eye problems including infections, scratches or something that is stuck in your eye
You may also be referred to attend the Tiverton Urgent Care Centre via the NHS111 service or after looking up your symptoms on the NHS Choices website. For more serious conditions including chest pain or respiratory problems you should always dial 999 or visit your nearest A&E department.
For more information about the Tiverton Urgent Care Centre visit: http://www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/services/community/tiverton/