Safe Halloween in Devon
Devon and Cornwall Police are taking steps to ensure that Halloween is a happy and safe time for everyone, whether young or old.
The Force 'Sorry... no trick or treat this Halloween' campaign encourages residents who do not want to be bothered by trick-or-treaters to place the poster on the front door or window of their home.
There are six top tips for young people at Halloween:
• Always be accompanied by an adult when you are trick-or-treating.
• You should only go to houses of people that you know and who are happy for you to call.
• Stay safe, keep to places that you know and are well lit. Do not take short cuts through gardens, alleyways or parks.
• Watch out for traffic - drivers might not see you.
• If you are wearing a mask make sure that you can see where you are going and are aware of your surroundings.
• Carry a torch and a fully charged mobile phone (if you have one).