A Devon and Cornwall PCSO hopes his story of domestic abuse survival will encourage people to seek help.
Stagecoach South West Fare Increases
Stagecoach South West today announced that it has been forced to increase some of its fares from 2nd May 2011 as a result of rising costs for fuel, in addition to higher costs for pay and energy bills.
However, increases have been limited to certain one and seven day tickets plus single and return fares.
The company has been able to reduce the cost of the Exeter Dayrider ticket and freeze the cost of the Torbay Megarider 7 day ticket. In addition, Stagecoach South West is freezing the prices of all 4, 13 and 52 week tickets for the third year in a row.
- £1.00 child off peak ‘add on’ ticket and £2.00 ‘NiteRider’ ticket to be introduced on all South West services services
- Exeter Dayrider price reduced to £3.50 from £4.00 for one day’s unlimited travel
- Torbay Megarider price frozen at £16.00 for 7 days unlimited travel
- Family Explorer price frozen at £13.00 for one day’s unlimited travel
- All 4, 13 and 52 week season ticket prices frozen
- Exmouth, Newton Abbot and Torbay Dayrider prices each increased by 20p
- Exeter and Exmouth Megarider price each increased by 50p for 7 days unlimited travel
- Megarider Gold price increased by £1.00 for 7 days unlimited travel
- Adult One Day Explorer increased by 40p for one day’s unlimited travel
- Single and return fares to rise by an average of 5.1%
The company also announced that it is introducing two new value-for-money ticket types across all their South West bus services: a child off peak 'add on' ticket costing £1.00 and a 'NiteRider' ticket costing £2.00.
The child off peak 'add on' ticket will be available to purchase by an accompanying fare paying adult all day at weekends and at any time during school holidays.
The permanent introduction of the child ‘add on’ follows on from a successful trial during the Spring half term period.
Our local emergency services have launched their campaign to warn drivers of the risks of drinking, or taking drugs, and driving.
Government money to help strengthen the line after damaged caused by storms
A Devon mum who's daughter's was hit in the face by a firework tells Heart there should only be organised displays.
Recently Played Tracks
On TV: Christmas Hits: Guess The Year
12pm - 2pm
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.