Four of the best beaches in the UK - according to Tripadvisor - are in Devon and Cornwall.
'Thanks for Saving My Life'
A kite surfer has returned to the scene at Exmouth beach to thank his rescuers after he got into trouble when his kite lines got caught around his arm.
It all happened on June 7th 56-year old Simon Perk was dragged 300 metres in the water and was dangerously close to rocks when lifeguards arrived on scene.
Lifeguards launched the rescue watercraft (RWC) and rushed to the scene, while other RNLI lifeguard's stayed ashore and maintained communication.
Mr Perk was released from hospital with an injured arm and is set to make a full recovery.
The British Kitesurfing Association, in conjunction with the RNLI, promotes the following safety advice for kitesurfers:
• Tell someone where you’re going and when you’ll be back
• Check your equipment for damage before use
• Wear your kite leash
• Consider other water users – learn surf etiquette and rights of way
• Secure your kite firmly when on the beach and wind up lines if not in use
• Wear a suitably fitted approved buoyancy aid and helmet
• Launch and recover between the black and white flags
• Ride in conditions above your capability (no wind above 20 knots in your first year)
• Get someone on land and launch your kite who has not received training
• Ride or launch near other beach users, animals or objects on the land or in the water
• Ride in offshore winds without safety boat cover
Owen Hill found guilty on 13 counts on offences ranging from indecent assault through to rape
Hate crime in Devon and Cornwall rises by 63% since EU referendum
A report's found the force has failed to record more than 17,400 reported crimes each year.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.