Green MEP advises holidays makers of their rights post-brexit
Waste Plan Consultation Starts
Public consultation on the future of dealing with Devon's waste problem starts on Friday 11th May.
The countywide consultation on the Devon Waste Plan, which will continue until Friday 3 August, is seeking views on potential site options and draft policies.
To give people the chance the see the site options and comment on them, a number of public exhibitions are being held across the county. These include:
- Devon County Show * Thursday 17 May–Saturday 19 May
- Tiverton Town Hall * Monday 21 May, 12pm-6pm
- Barnstaple Library * Thursday 24 May, 2pm-8pm
- The Watermark Centre, Ivybridge * Monday 28 May, 2pm-8pm
- Tavistock Pannier Market * Thursday 31 May, 9am-4.30pm
- Great Torrington Town Hall * Thursday 7 June, 2pm-7pm
- Farringdon Village Hall Thursday 14 June, 4pm-8pm
- Uffculme Square Corner Friday 15 June, 2pm-8pm
- Woodbury Salterton Village Hall Tuesday 19 June, 4pm-8pm
- Exeter Central Library * Thursday 21 June, 2pm-8pm
- Newton Abbot Library * Friday 20 July, 2pm-8pm
- Kingsteignton Community Hall Monday 23 July, 4pm-8pm
During the exhibitions, County Council officers will be available to answer questions and listen to comments on the Devon Waste Plan Consultation Document.
The site options which are the subject of the consultation are Greendale Barton at Woodbury Salterton, Hill Barton at Farringdon, Roundswell at Barnstaple, an area to the east of Tiverton, Heathfield landfill site near Kingsteignton, Broadpath landfill site in Uffculme, Deep Moor landfill site near Great Torrington, and an area in the south of the county for possible landfill if additional capacity is needed in future.
Not all of these possible site options will go forward to be included in the final version of the plan, and decisions will be informed by the response to this consultation. Any additional potential sites which may be raised as a result of public feedback will also be considered as the waste plan develops ahead of further consultation to be held in 2013.
The Waste Plan will not prescribe the type of facilities that may be appropriate in each location, so as not to rule out any innovative or sustainable technologies coming forward in future, and the County Council has no proposals for building waste facilities at any of the site options.
Councillor Roger Croad, Devon County Council Cabinet Member for Environment and Community, said: “We’re keen for everyone to get involved and give us their views on these current site options. This is just the latest stage of the plan and nothing has been decided, so the responses we receive will play an important part in helping inform the plan as it continues to develop.”
Anyone who cannot attend the public exhibition can still take part in the consultation by either:
• Taking part online at http://devoncc.limehouse.co.uk/portal/
• Emailing your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Completing a paper copy of the consultation response form, which is available at local libraries, District Council offices, or upon request from Devon County Council.
For more information on the Devon Waste Plan and to view the site options and consultation report, which will be available from the start of the consultation, go to www..devon.gov.uk/wastecorestrategy
At the events marked * there will also be a consultation on the Review of the Waste Management Strategy for Devon. This document reviews how Devon's household waste is dealt with. Copies of the review and summary leaflets will also be available in local libraries and council offices and the document will be available on line from Thursday 17 May to Friday 20 July at www.devon.gov.uk/waste_management_strategy_for_devon.htm
Undercover officers on bicycles stop drivers passing too close
Six Devon firefighters are running to London, to raise money for the Grenfell tower firefighters
Trail running is the ideal way to clear the mind.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.