Victim Discovered She'd Be Raped After Watching Video
14 Cars Vandalised In Hitchin
One or more "tyre-slashers" have been vandalising people's cars in Hitchin.
14 cars have been targeted:
- Between 7pm on February 22 and 10am on February 23, the tyre of a black Vauxhall was slashed in Lancaster Road (G1/16/442)
- Between the same times, two tyres of a black Kia were slashed in Lancaster Road (G1/16/443)
- Between midday on February 22 and 10am on February 23, two tyres of a red Hyundai were slashed in Lancaster Road (G1/16/445)
- Between 6.30pm on February 22 and 10am on February 23, the tyre of a white VW was slashed in York Road (G1/16/444)
- Between 8pm on February 22 and 8am on February 23, two tyres of a silver BMW were slashed in Baloil Road (G1/16/441)
- Between 5pm on February 22 and 9am on February 23, two tyres of a blue Vauxhall were slashed in Whitehurst Avenue (G1/16/449)
- Between 6.30pm on February 22 and 8.30am on February 25, two tyres of a silver Volvo were slashed in Whitehurst Avenue (G1/16/471)
- Between 5.30pm on February 22 and 8am on February 23, two tyres of a red Seat were slashed in Lancaster Road (G1/16/451)
- Between 6pm on February 22 and 10am on February 23, the tyre of a Ford Fiesta was slashed in Lancaster Road (G1/16/452)
- Between 10.30pm on February 23 and 9am on February 24, the tyre of a grey VW van was slashed in Kershaws Hill. (G1/16/458)
- Between 5pm on February 22 and 8.40am on February 23, two tyres of a black Skoda were slashed in Bearton Avenue (G1/16/468)
- Between 6pm and 10pm on February 23, two tyres of a black Land Rover were slashed in Highbury Road (G1/16/470)
- Between 6pm on February 23 and 8am on February 24, two tyres were slashed on a Mercedes 180 in Lyle’s Row (G1/16/461)
- Between 9pm on February 23 and 9am on February 24, a tyre on a Toyota Rav 4 was slashed in St Andrew’s Place (G1/16460).
Sergeant Stephen Oliphant, who is leading the investigation, said:
“I would like to reassure the people of Hitchin that we are doing all we can to catch the perpetrators of this crime.
I would urge people to, where possible, park their cars in a garage or in another secure place and ensure, if you have one, that you activate your vehicle’s alarm.
If you keep your car on a drive, you could consider having a ‘dusk-till-dawn’ security light fitted at the front of your house and noisy gravel on your drive can help to deter any would- be vandal as they don’t want to alert you to their approach.
I’m appealing for anyone who has any information about these incidents to get in touch with me as soon as possible via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, quoting the relevant crime reference.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.”
Drivers, Pedestrians, Bus Passengers & Cyclists All Set To Benefit From New Info Grid
Frustrated Motorists Caught Up At The Dunstable Crossroads Now Just Hours Away From New Road Opening
New Caps Are Gender Neutral And Offer Better Head Protection
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.