Super Redways Introduced To Some Of Milton Keynes Traffic Free Thoroughfares
At Last Jimmy's End Link Road To Be Built
A series of major announcements have been made about future regeneration projects being led by Northampton Borough Council.
Around £90m has already been invested and a further half a billion pounds will be spent over the next five years, as Northampton Alive continues to transform the town, revitalising the infrastructure, investing in culture and heritage and creating jobs.
So far, 32 businesses have moved to the Enterprise Zone and Northampton has seen the creation of 1740 jobs in the past four years. And the Enterprise Zone has attracted more than £180 million of investment, the vast majority from the private sector.
Major announcements include:
- After years of waiting, the construction of the St James Mill link road will be completed, with work starting before the end of this financial year (before April 2017)
- Plans are to be submitted for 100 council homes at Dallington Grange, part of larger Barratt Plc development of 3,000 homes
- Work continues with developers on proposals for the Greyfriars site and will be made public in next few months
- Land at Sixfields is being readied for redevelopment - a fantastic opportunity for major, mixed use development
- A major tech firm is currently planning to move to a site opposite Wrefords on Edgar Mobbs Way. A planning application is currently being considered that would see them bring their new headquarters to the Enterprise Zone
- Funding of £30,000 to four landlords, who are together investing around £200,000, to refurbish four buildings in Gold Street
- A "fantastic new boutique hotel and spa" coming to the cultural quarter
Councillor Mary Markham, Leader of Northampton Borough Council, said:
"There will be some challenges ahead in delivering this transformational change, but we continue to attract new business and investment, to develop our infrastructure, to recognise our history and heritage and to promote the town as a great place to do business."
Lamex Stadium Staff Allegedly Asked Female Away Supporters To Lift Their Tops
Extra Refurbishments Have Taken Place During Emergency Closure
15 Year-Old Boy He Tried To Meet Was A Paedophile Investigator
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.