Four Men Found Guilty Of Killing Bedford Teen

16 September 2014, 16:54

Four young men have today been jailed for murdering Bedford teenager Isaac Stone.

On the 25th of January this year, Mohammed Hussain, 22, Rubel Miah, 19, his brother Javed Miah, 21, and Fahim Khan, 20, drove around Bedford in a hired white Range Rover and armed themselves with knives and meat cleavers.

Their victim, Isaac Stone, 19, (pictured) was cornered in Costin Street, Bedford, where he was punched and kicked repeatedly. He suffered eleven cut and stab injuries, dying from a wound that penetrated his lung. His friend Shajidur Rahman was left mutilated after an attack carried out by Rubel Miah and Fahim Khan.  His nose was amputated and he suffered four deep slashes to his head and face.

Prosecutor Vincent Coughlin QC told Luton crown court that the motive for the "murderous attack" at 6.20 at night on Saturday January 25 this year was not entirely clear.

But the day before, an amateur music video called "Go Missing" was posted on YouTube in which, amongst others, Isaac Stone appeared.  In the course of the film, alcohol was sprayed over the name 'Raz' that had been painted on a wall. "It upset someone," said the prosecutor.

Mohammed Hussain, of Maitland Road, Bedford, Rubel Miah of Costin Street, Bedford, his brother Javed Miah also of Costin Street, Bedford and Fahim Khan of Fenlake Road, Bedford, all denied murder, attempted murder and two counts of possession of an offensive weapon.

But the jury of 5 men and 6 women convicted all four of Isaac's murder.  They cleared all four of attempted murder of Shajidur Rahman, but convicted Rubel Miah and Fahim Khan of causing him grievous bodily harm with intent. 

All four were convicted of two charges of possessing offensive weapons.

Mr Coughlin said that "perhaps for show" a white Range Rover had been hired from Luton for £150. Back in Bedford two meat cleavers were bought for £2.99 each from a hardware shop in Greenhill Street. 

They encountered Isaac Stone, who was driving a white Corsa with Mr Rahman and two others as passengers, in Costin Street.

The jury was shown CCTV which showed a fast-moving street brawl ending with Isaac being cornered behind a parked car. By the time he arrived at Bedford hospital there was no sign of a pulse and he was pronounced dead at 19.15. 

Giving evidence, Shajidur Rahmah, who has been permanently disfigured, said he had seen two defendants, Rubel Miah and Fahim Khan, earlier that night in an alleyway off Castle Lane. He said they told him they didn't have a problem with him, but had a problem with Isaac and another youth.

In Costin Street they saw the Range Rover with the defendants inside. He said he thought there was to be a fight with no weapons.

He went on: "Everyone froze. We said 'we have got to sort it.' We never anticipated it would lead to what happened. It happened so quick. We stopped. We did not think weapons were involved. We thought it was a fist fight. Isaac said 'They have got something in their hands.'"

He said they got out of the car and Rubel Miah and Fahim Khan came towards them. "Fahim came up to me. I thought he had a hammer. It had a blue wrapping over the handle. I got hit by Fahim. I didn't know at the time that it was a meat cleaver."

Mr Rahman said he tried to defend himself but after the second or third blows he felt "dizzy."  His nose was amputated and left at the scene.

This afternoon, Judge Richard Foster jailed the four men 22 year-old Mohammed Hussain (below)

Mohammed Hussain - Isaac Stone murder case

19 year-old Rubel Miah (below)

Rubel Miah, Isaac Stone Murder case

21 year-old Brother Javed Miah (below)

Javed Miah, Isaac Stone murder case

And 20 year-old Fahim Khan (below) to a total of 107 years in prison.

Fahim Khan, Isaac Stone Murder Case