Adam Mudd Was 16 When He Began His Cyber Attacks
Gas Leak Repairs Could Take Days In Ampthill
National Grid say their engineers have to turn the gas supplies off at all 6,000+ properties in the Ampthill and Clophill areas after a major gas leak.
It was caused by contractors working on a new housing development damaging the pipe on Tuesday afternoon on Flitwick Road in Ampthill.
The incident has resulted in a loss of gas supply to 6,000 homes and businesses in Ampthill, Maulden, and Clophilll.
Engineers are working to repair the leak and restoring gas supplies to those affected as soon as possible.
If you smell gas or have lost your gas supply please ring the National Gas Emergency service on 0800 111 999.
To safely restore gas supplies, engineers will need to visit every affected property and switch the gas supply off at the meter.
Engineers are turning supplies off in Clophill and Maulden at the moment and expect to begin turning off supplies in Ampthill this afternoon.
Please arrange for someone to be at home so we can switch your supply off.
The sooner we are able to switch everyone off, the sooner we will be able to restore supplies.
Once the repair has been made and gas is back in the mains, a second visit will be made to turn on the supply to each property and make sure it is flowing safely.
Ask For Official Identification
People are reminded that they should ask our staff to show them official identification before they let them in their property. All out staff carry official identity cards, for more information and to verify an engineer's identity call 0845 835 1111.
National Grid is liaising with the local authority to ensure elderly and other vulnerable residents are being identified and cared for.
An incident room has been set up in Maulden Village Hall where people can find out more information. People can also contact our enquiries team on 0845 835 1111.
If you know of an elderly or vulnerable resident, please contact our enquiries team or visit Maulden Village Hall so we can help them.
Electricity distribution company UK Power Networks are asking residents to avoid using their electric heaters continuously while their gas is off in order to help prevent the local electricity network from becoming overloaded.
They are advising people to keep warm by staying in one room where possible and are also urging them to keep an eye on elderly or ill people living nearby and to try and make sure these people have some hot food and drink.
Every effort is being made to restore gas supplies as soon as possible. However, it is too early to say when gas supplies will be restored.
Specials Constabulary Sergeant Alec Bedford found guilty of various misconduct charges including making unnecessary arrest & force
Heart spoke to an 82 year old man who was threatened and had his wedding ring stolen during a burglary in Milton Keynes.
Blaze started in care home in Cadmore Lane early this morning.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.