3 Days Of Lake Search Underway At Eastfield Park In Northampton
Northampton's Choice - What To Replace Greyfriars
After the eyesore of the Greyfriars Bus station and the not great vista of the flattened rubble of the demolished travel interchange, two planned schemes for future development of the site have gone on display at the Guildhall today.
Both schemes are now on display in the Court Room at the Guildhall til 8pm this evening (Mon 18 July), from 9am-8pm on Tuesday 19 July and Wednesday 20 July.
It means you can see what the schemes could look like and understand how they link to the rest of the town centre, as well as leaving comments which are then fed back to the developers.
Final recommendations on which scheme will be taken forward will be discussed by the Borough Council’s Cabinet in September.
Cllr Tim Hadland, Cabinet Member for Planning, Regeneration and Enterprise, said:
"I am sure people will be interested in seeing the proposals for Greyfriars. We have already extended the opening hours to give more people the opportunity to see the display and I do hope people take the opportunity"
The choice for Northampton::
Scheme 1 proposes:
- A leisure hub including a new multiplex cinema of up to eight screens or family entertainment centre and trampolining facilities
- 6 casual dining restaurants
- Retail kiosks
- 150 residential flats to let
- 500 student apartments
- 81 retirement apartments
- Health and fitness gym
- 110 bed hotel
- New coach station of six bays
Scheme 2 proposes:
- A boutique, four-screen cinema
- 11 units for restaurants, wine bars and cafes
- 150 bed, 4Star hotel
- Hotel to incorporate gym and spa
- 266 residential units, with 144 private rented apartments and 122 apartments to be sold
- 339 student accommodation units
- Transport hub with three large coach bays
See the details here: http://bit.ly/2a3MtpW
Supplies Switched On In South Of Town First
The lurcher breed was so hungry it was all "skin and bones" and struggling to walk
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.