Newsreaders, MPs, dads and 25k tumble-driers...Cambridgeshire's London Marathon runners come in all shapes and sizes.
Warning As Overheated Console Starts Biggleswade Fire
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) are warning people about the dangers from games consoles following a serious fire in Biggleswade that was started by a console overheating after it was covered by clothes, which then caused a bed to catch fire.
BFRS were called to a house fire with people possibly trapped in Urban Way, Biggleswade at 12:55 on Saturday afternoon, 16 May 2015.
When the first fire engine arrived at 13.03 firefighters found a well-developed fire in a first floor bedroom of a semi-detached house. The window of the bedroom had failed and flames and smoke were escaping through it.
Firefighters entered the property to extinguish the fire and moved the occupants to a place of safety where they were treated by Paramedics. They fought the fire using breathing apparatus and a hose reel and quickly extinguished it. The fire caused 100% fire damage to the bedroom, smoke damage to the first floor corridor and some water damage to the ground
floor. Positive Pressure Ventilation was used to clear smoke from the property.
One man was treated for smoke inhalation using oxygen and a woman for minor injuries caused when she slipped leaving the house. Paramedics assisted but neither casualty was required to go to hospital.
The incident was closed at 13:30.
Technical Manager Darren Cook, who was officer in charge, said: "While the bedroom window had failed due to the heat, because the bedroom door was closed it prevented the fire from spreading to the rest of the property and also restricted the amount of smoke damage. Fortunately the fire was quickly extinguished and most of the property saved from the fire.
"Examining the seat of the fire we found that a games console had been left on and then had clothes put over it. This caused the console to overheat which caught the clothes alight and this then set fire to the bed.
"We are warning parents and children about the dangers of leaving games consoles switched on and unattended. They should always ensure that consoles and other electrical devices have adequate ventilation so they keep cool. We would advise people to ensure that games consoles are not left unattended when switched on and any electrical
any electrical device, even a phone, is not covered up by clothes or anything else. "
Specials Constabulary Sergeant Alec Bedford found guilty of various misconduct charges including making unnecessary arrest & force
Heart spoke to an 82 year old man who was threatened and had his wedding ring stolen during a burglary in Milton Keynes.
Blaze started in care home in Cadmore Lane early this morning.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.