Adult Animal Keeper Experience
THANK YOU to Maggie Cahill from Milton Keynes, who bid £350 for this lot!
Go behind the scenes at Woburn Safari Park and experience first-hand what life is like as an animal keeper as you join the staff and get involved in their daily tasks.
Mucking out, food preparation and close encounters with the animals, it’s all in a day’s work whilst taking part in this experience. Expect grubby hands!
Your day will include an off-road tour around the animal reserves with a ranger, who will share all their knowledge of the animals with you.
ADULT ANIMAL KEEPER EXPERIENCE PROGRAMME
(Times and Duties May Vary)
08:55 – 09:00 Arrive at Woburn Safari Park, check in at the main office and meet up with the Ranger
09:00 – 12:30 Working in one or more of the following areas: Rainbow Landing (Lorikeet birds), Birds of Prey, Rhino House, Antelope House. Tasks will include the following: Food Preparation, Mucking out, Animal Handling
12:30 – 13:00 Lunchtime/Free time in the Leisure area
13:00 – 14:30 Patrolling in Rhino Section, Tour of other reserves
14:30 – 15:00 Lemurs – Feeding and handling session
15:00 – 18:00 Free time to use the facilities in the Safari Park
- If you have a particular area/animal of interest, please inform us prior to your visit. Whilst we cannot guarantee to accommodate your wishes, we will do so wherever possible.
- Suitable outdoor clothing should be worn and wellies or walking boots are highly recommended
- Participants must be over 16 years of age, fit and able to take on all of tasks
- Terms and conditions apply
Visit the Woburn Animal Keeper website
Listen out on Tuesday 1st March between 7am-8am for your chance to bid on this auction lot
*calls from BT landlines charged at local rate, other networks and mobiles may be higher. Listen to Heart to find out when lines are open for bidding.
Terms and Conditions:
- Once booked, the date cannot be changed unless due to exceptional circumstances. This is at the discretion of Woburn Safari Park.
- All experiences are non refundable and non-transferable. Experiences cannot be resold or exchanged.
- Woburn Safari Park reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
- Woburn Safari Park cannot be held responsible for the weather conditions. However in exceptional circumstances if Woburn Safari Park cancels the experience an alternative date will be arranged.
- Woburn Safari Park reserves the right to alter the itinerary on any given day due to animal welfare or health issues but will ensure that if the activity is replaced with another similar task.
- It is up to the individual to assess their own fitness levels as some experiences do require some degree of fitness e.g. Adult Animal Keeper. Woburn Safari Park reserves the right to ask you to not continue with an experience if we feel you are not physically able to partake.
- It is also up to the individual to make Woburn Safari Park aware in writing of any serious health complaint that may put yourself or others in danger. Some experiences also require a medical form to be completed. This must be done accurately before the experience may begin.
- Woburn Safari Park provides child seats for VIP trips for children 4 years and above. For children under 4, parents must provide and fit a car seat. Seat belts must be worn at all times by anyone when traveling in a Woburn Safari Park vehicle.
- Please be aware that some animals are fed whole carcasses, such as Big Cat Breakfast
- If, on the day, it proves that someone does not meet the age criteria for an experience, they will not be permitted to take part.
- Woburn Safari Park reserve the right to alter dates, times and prices or facilities for any reason without any prior notice. The management reserves the right to move animals or make alterations or improvements. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.