New hospital facilities
People in the Forest of Dean are getting better hospital facilities closer to home.
Half-a-million-pounds of improvements at the Dilke Memorial hospital have been officially opened this week.
Chief Executive of NHS Gloucestershire, Jan Stubbings, told Heart's Duncan Cook it proves their commitment to community
hospitals in the Forest:
Listen to the interview
The new facilities include:
· a new Children’s therapy centre which provides dedicated child friendly treatment space for children and families referred for Children’s Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech and Language Therapy
· an updated x-ray department with new equipment, which will enable x-rays and ultrasounds to be carried out in a more efficient way and provide a more comfortable space for patients
· new outpatient rooms providing more space for additional clinics
· a new plaster and splinting room which is more comfortable for patients and staff, and
· a refurbished main reception area.
The official opening of the improved facilities at Dilke Memorial Hospital follow on from the opening of a new outpatients extension at Lydney and District Hospital in March 2010.
Dilke memorial hospital
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music