Five men and three women arrested in the wake of the deadly Westminster attack have been held on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts.
The Perseid Meteor Shower Captured Across The Skies
Stargazers captured the dazzling display of the annual Perseid meteor shower as it reached its peak on Wednesday 12th August.
The meteor display was widely anticipated this year as the shower also coincided with a new moon for the first time since 2007, creating a darkened sky. Although visible in the West Country people in the Midlands and the north of England had the best view of the meteor shower.
Because some cloud cover reduced visibility for some parts of southern England. The peak came overnight on Wednesday, with more than 100 meteors an hour produced.
Perseids meteor shower over Gloucestershire:
Perseids meteor shower over the one of the stones of the Avebury's Neolithic henge monument in Wiltshire:
Perseid meteor shower names:
One of the City's biggest employers is demonstrating its confidence in London's post-Brexit future as a financial centre with a 25-year deal for a new UK headquarters.
People from 11 different countries, including three French teenagers, are among those injured in the Westminster attack.
The Westminster attacker has been named as 52-year-old Khalid Masood, who had a range of previous convictions.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.
- RBS to close 158 bank branches with 470 job losses
- Martin McGuinness 'persevered and prevailed', says Bill Clinton at funeral
- Tributes to footballer Ryan McBride at Derry captain's funeral
- Fears grow for 1,100 high street jobs amid doubts over Jones deal
- Congressman Devin Nunes sorry after Trump surveillance claim row
- Has Kendrick Lamar just hinted at a new album?
- Loving director Jeff Nichols plans new indie film festival
- James Corden says Westminster attack 'will not divide' London as other stars share tributes
- Deadpool 2: Michael Shannon front-runner to play Cable
- Eurovision: Ukraine bans Russian singer over Crimea visit