A life size cast iron figure will be put in place on the chalk beds outside the Turner
Advice For Drivers Going To Dover
Advice for drivers heading to Dover this weekend as delays are likely.
Highways England say we should leave in plenty of time and bring extra food and drink if heading to Dover.
It's as French border police continue with their heightened security checks in the wake of recent terror attacks.
It can take around 40 minutes to check a coach, but after delays a couple of weeks ago, some measures to reduce disruption was put in place.
However Highways England have released a statement with advice for drivers going that way over the weekend:
Drivers heading to Dover this weekend are being advised to plan their journeys as key routes could be busier than normal.
French border police at the Port of Dover and Eurotunnel continue to follow French government requirements to deliver heightened security checks to keep the traveling public safe following the recent attacks in France.
Highways England is working hand in hand with Kent Police, Kent County Council and the Port of Dover to help ensure that everything possible is done to help road users.
It is expected that the M20/A20 and M2/A2 approaches could be busy for tourist, freight and local traffic. With the summer holidays in full swing, it is expected that cross-Channel gateways will be busy.
Drivers are advised to:
* be prepared for any delays on their journeys and allow plenty of time to reach their destination
* check travel conditions before setting out and, where it is safe to do so, during journeys
* ensure they and their cars are ready for the journey - especially having plenty of fuel in their vehicle, and food, water and things to do for the people in it
* if there is congestion on the A20, local traffic is advised to consider other routes such as the B2011, A256 or A258, which may not be suitable for HGVs
* Port of Dover traffic is advised to use the M20/A20 to access the port and use the A2 when leaving the Port
* local traffic is advised to consider other routes such as the B2011, A256 or A258, which may not be suitable for HGVs
Drivers heading for the Channel Tunnel are advised to turn up on time for their booked departure.
It followed a row about a pram left outside his flat in Folkestone
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a teenage woman at a seaside caravan park in Herne Bay.
Whitstable famous event is on this weekend but it's been scaled back from last year
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.