You Wont Believe How Much These Christmas Songs Make Each Year!
29 November 2017, 16:35
Spoiler - it's a LOT!
We all have our favourite Christmas song.
Some prefer the jovial tones of Shakin' Stevens, whilst others prefer a good old festive ballad from Wham!
And whilst we mere mortals bop away to all the classics, debating which really is the ultimate tune, the famous voices behind the tracks are enjoying the royalties rolling in for a bit of a Christmas cash injection.
But, which track earns the most?!
Here are the estimated annual royalties for the top 10 grossing Christmas tracks:
1. Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade - £500,000
2. Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues - £400,000
3. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey - £376,000
4. White Christmas - Bing Crosby - £328,000
5. Last Christmas - Wham! - £300,000
6. Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney - £260,000
7. Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie - £120,000
8. 2000 Miles - The Pretenders - £102,000
9. Mistletoe And Wine - Cliff Richard - £100,000
10. Stay Another Day - East 17 - £97,000
It's no wonder that Ed Sheeran recently revealed to Heart's Sian Welby that he was hoping his hit ballad 'Perfect' would become a Christmas classic for many years - we see what you're doing there Ed!
WATCH: Ed Talks To Sian About The Inspiration Behind 'Perfect' Video: