A career in the media and entertainment industry starts here...
25 Free Schools To Open In London
The Prime Minister has announced 49 new free schools have been approved to open in England, including 25 in London.
In total more than 400 free schools have been approved since 2010, creating more than 230-thousand places.
One of the 25 free schools announced for London is a school designed to stop young offenders returning to prison, along with a school that will harness the discipline of boxing to transform the lives of disaffected young people.
The schools which have been approved are:
- Ashmole Primary School in Southgate
- The Athena Academy in Waltham Forest
- Avanti Heath Clarke Primary School in Croydon
- Barclay Secondary Free School in Waltham Forest
- The Boxing Academy AP Free School in Hackney
- Bullers Wood School for Boys in Bromley
- The Campus in Haringey
- The Charter School East Dulwich
- City Gates School in Redbridge
- City of London Primary Academy Southwark in South Bermondsey
- City of London Primary Academy Islington
- Floreat Alperton Primary School in Brent
- Floreat Southall Primary School
- Greatfields School in Barking
- The Green School for Boys in Isleworth and Brentford
- Harris Wimbledon Free School
- Heartlands Autism School in Haringey
- The Hip School in Hounslow
- Kisharon Inclusive Free School in Barnet
- Langley Park Primary School in Bromley
- Logic Studio School in Hounslow
- New School for Harrow
- Stationers' Academy Greenwich Peninsula
- Sutton Free School 1
- TBAP 16-19 Academic AP Academy in Hammersmith
- WCGS Federation Free School in Croydon
Prime Minister David Cameron said: “Delivering the best schools and skills for young people is a crucial part of our long term economic plan to secure a better future for Britain.
"Free schools set up by teachers, parents and community groups are not only outperforming other schools, but they are raising the performance of those around them, meaning more opportunities for children to learn the skills they need to get on in life.
“These new schools are an important part of our plan to improve education by raising standards and restoring discipline so our children can compete with the world's best and enjoy a better future.”
A man has been fined £1,800 for flying drones over Parliament, near Buckingham Palace and over football stadiums.
Government to investigate after some restaurants accused of withholding tips
Metropolitan Police are worried a woman from Walthamstow could be travelling to Syria with her four children.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.