Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town Mariah Carey Download 'Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town' on iTunes
A biker who carried out a spate of armed robberies has today (Friday 19 April 2013) been jailed for 5 years.
27 year old Sheldon Green from Hackney E8, had previously pleaded guilty to seven robbery and firearms offences with several other matters taken into consideration.
The Flying Squad at Barking launched Operation Wulk in September 2012 into a linked series of armed robberies on various commercial premises.
On each occasion a stolen Yamaha motorcycle was used by the suspect to move to and from venues.
Green pleaded guilty to:
- Theft of a motor vehicle on 16 July 2012: Green stole the Yamaha bike after arranging to meet a seller via Gumtree.
- Attempted robbery on 15 August 2012 at 20:30hrs at Pretoria Stores, Pretoria Avenue E4: The shopkeeper heard a loud noise and looked up to see a man in motorcycle gear. The man asked for a bottle of whiskey and when the shopkeeper turned back, he was pointing a pistol at him.
The man demanded he open the till - the shopkeeper said he did not know how and ran to the back to the store. The man then made off.
- Robbery on 14 September 2012 at 20:20hrs at Maybank Mini-Mart, Ilford: The store owner was closing up when a man on a motorbike said he wanted to buy something.
The owner went back inside followed by the suspect who then demanded cash. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper handed over £200 and the suspect left.
- Robbery on 17 September 2012 at 22:45hrs at the Co-Op, Waldram Park Road SE23: A man entered the store armed with a gun and threatened staff he would shoot them if they didn't hand over money. The shop assistant handed over £145 and the man left.
- Three counts of possession of an imitation firearm.