Police Search For Alice Biggest Since 7/7

Scotland Yard says their hunt for the missing schoolgirl is their largest search operation since the London bombings in 2005.

Fourteen year old Alice Gross has been missing from Hanwell in West London since August 28.

Met Police have named Arnis Zalkalns, who was jailed for murdering his wife in Latvia in 1998, as their main suspect after he disappeared on September 3.

Scotland Yard say 600 officers from across eight forces have searched nine square miles of open land and 3.4 miles of canals and rivers in the largest deployment of search assets for an ongoing investigation since the terrorist attacks in 2005.

Additional staff have been brought in to cope with the volume of calls as there have been more than 630 have been made regarding Alice's disappearance.

Detective superintendent Carl Mehta, said: "Our thoughts continue to go out to Alice's family as our search continues in a bid to find her.

"I would like to thank the local community who have shown great support to the search effort and police investigation so far.

"Our officers are working through the weekend - carrying on those searches. We will not stop our hunt for Alice.

"Whilst we have already seized many hundreds of hours of CCTV we still need the public's help.

"If you are a shop owner, have CCTV at your home, or were out filming in the areas of Ealing and Hanwell and have footage from the afternoon of Thursday August 28 when Alice was last seen, and right up to September 3 when Arnis Zalkalns was last seen, then please get in touch with us."



Loose Women Male Stars Nude Campaign

TV's Biggest Hunks Rival Loose Women's Cheeky Body Confidence Campaign

Benedict Cumberbatch thinking emoji

Viewers Were Baffled By Benedict Cumberbatch's BBC Drama

Nick Knowles is releasing an album

Nick Knowles Is Releasing An Album And We Were Not Expecting This

Jessica Ennis Second Child Asset

Jessica Ennis Welcomes Her Second Child And The Name Is Adorable!