British tourists have started to arrive back in the UK from The Gambia amid that country's worsening political crisis.
Jobs Boost For 2012
Jobseekers interested in working at the Olympics can register their interest.
Adecco - the recruitment provider for the Games - says most of the jobs will be in catering, cleaning and customer services.
The company adds they would like to recruit a 'diverse workforce' and help people get their first foot on the career ladder.
Fifteen thousand people registered their interest in the space of a few hours, after the process opened this morning.
Director of London 2012 Partnerships Steve Girdler has told LBC he is pleased with the response:
"That gives you some idea of how interested people are in being part of London 2012. I think its a great example of how Londoners particularly want to be part of something so special."
Tickets for the event go on sale in March.
They may be struggling to rediscover past glories on the pitch - but Manchester United are back on top of football's money league for the first time in 12 years.
Theresa May will warn world leaders in Davos today that they must listen to those who feel left behind by globalisation.
Barack Obama has ended his last news conference as President with an optimistic message: "I think we're going to be okay".
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.
- Four hundred jobs to go in Clydesdale and Yorkshire bank branch closures
- Thursday's national newspaper front pages
- Cyber-security firm NCC ousts chairman after profit warnings
- Barack Obama told Donald Trump: 'You can't do it by yourself'
- 'Obamacare Kid' fears for the future of the landmark healthcare law
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan cleared of gun charge over hunting trip
- Poor Michelle Keegan! Star Gets Roasted For Innocent 'Tina And Bobby' Gaffe
- Jamiroquai tease comeback with sample of first album in seven years
- Loving director Jeff Nichols 'desperate for equality'
- Lindsay Lohan fuels speculation she has converted to Islam