France's far-right presidential candidate has backed keeping Syria's Bashar al Assad as the best way to defeat Islamic State.
Service To Remember Earthquake Victims
New Zealanders have gathered at Westminster Cathedral to remember those who died in the devastating Christchurch earthquake.
About 1500 London-based New Zealanders were expected to attend the service, along with the New Zealand High Commissioner, Derek Leask.
A message from the nation's Prime Minister, John Key, was read out during the event and singers from the London Maori club, Ngati Ranana, provided music for the service.
Bronwyn Horton, who organised the service, told Heart:
"I've got direct family who are living in Christchurch, obviously they are very shocked.
"I do have a very good school friend who is still unaccounted for, which is very difficult.
They're going through the victim identification process right now, which is very stressful for the family."
A British taskforce including 4 specialist Metropolitan police officers has arrived in Christchurch to help identify victims.
The team includes a family liaison officer, a photographer, pathologist, and a fingerprint expert.
WHAT'S IN THE PAPERS?
UKIP leader Paul Nuttall has repeatedly refused to rule out stepping down if he does not win the parliamentary by-election in Stoke-on-Trent on Thursday.
President Trump's state visit to the UK will go ahead, the Government has emphatically declared despite opposition from MPs and protests all over the UK.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.
- Donald Trump appoints McMaster and Kellogg to top security roles
- VW boss defiant on refusal to pay dieselgate compensation in UK
- Police dig at double killer Christopher Halliwell's former home
- William Hague slams old rival Tony Blair as Lords debate Brexit
- Russia 'linked' to election-day coup plot in Montenegro
- Frances Bean Cobain pays tribute to dad Kurt on his birthday
- Drake slams Grammys: 'I was labelled rapper because I'm black'
- Ashley Roberts Speaks Up On Scarlett Moffatt Replacing Her On Saturday Night Takeaway
- Billions shows TV's first gender non-binary character
- Harry Potter play casts spell at WhatsOnStage awards