Overnight Safari Experience
THANK YOU to Yan who won this lot with a bid of £700!
A once-in-a-lifetime prize for you and 19 guests at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park's award-winning Livingstone Lodge
As part of the Have a Heart campaign, Port Lympne Wild Animal Park are delighted to donate a once-in-a-lifetime prize.
You could win an exclusive stay for up to 20 of your guests at the Park’s award-winning Livingstone Lodge overnight safari experience.
Livingstone Lodge is the only authentic overnight safari experience in the Northern hemisphere and offers the unique chance to discover Africa without leaving Kent.
Set in the stunning scenery of The African Experience, the 10 lodges look out over herds of free roaming African wildlife including giraffe, black rhino, ostrich, wildebeest, zebra and antelope. Guests enjoy sumptuous traditional African dining in the ‘Lapa’ before retreating to the starlight seclusion of their luxury safari tent to watch the sun go down over the watering hole from their private veranda. Guests can get up close to African wildlife on an unforgettable dawn safari while enjoying spectacular channel views and expert guidance by a bona fide Zimbabwean ranger.
In addition your group will also embark on a VIP tour to meet Port Lympne’s gorillas including feeding our resident celebrity silverback, international internet sensation Ambam, the gorilla that walks like a man.
Visit the Port Lympne website.
Check out Ambam, the gorilla that walks like a man at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park.
Check back soon to find out when we'll be auctioning this amazing lot on-air.
*calls from BT landlines charged at local rate, other networks and mobiles may be higher. Listen to Heart to find out when lines are open for bidding.
Terms and Conditions
- This exclusive prize is subject to availability
- The prize is non transferable
- There is no monetary value
- Maximum numbers to the lodge 20 and names of guests must be provided at least four weeks in advance of the booking
- This prize is provided for the prize winner’s friends and family only
- The prize winner will be given a complimentary bottle of bubbly upon arrival at Livingstone Lodge.
- Dates. The prize must be redeemed between 4th April and before Friday 28th of October 2011. If the prize winner is unable to make the date agreed then 4 weeks written notice is required. An itinerary will be provided to the prize winner, but for planning purposes the prize winner, their friends and family should arrive for 16.00pm on the agreed date and will leave the Livingstone Lodge Safari experience around 11.00am the next day
- Occasionally we might have to make changes and reserve the right to do so at any time, If we have to change your arrangements we will contact you to agree a new date
- Children. If the prize winner wishes to bring children we can only accommodate three children within the group of 20 who must be aged 9 and upwards. Our overnight safari is really an adult experience as there is a serious conservation message behind it. However for children aged 9 and upwards, this is an incredible introduction to a The African Experience Safari, an arena for learning about rare and endangered African wildlife roaming freely, there is simply, nowhere else like this in England and is the first in Europe. We therefore ask that Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and that they must share with adults.
- Disabled winners. We cater for those who are less mobile, as there are no steps at Livingstone Lodge and the tour is by vehicle so there is little walking involved. The kudu and buffalo tents are considered the most convenient to the less able visitors and kudu has the added benefit of being located near to the animal watering hole. We also have a wet room with specially designed and modified toilet facilities. However, the prize includes entry to the main park, which is approx 400 acres and is steep and hilly in places and can be quite challenging so the prize winner should take this into consideration.
- Facilities. Shower and toilet facilities are separate for both able and less able guests.
- Special dietary requirements. If the winners have any special dietary requirements, then we will endeavour to meet their special requests as long as a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice is given.
- In addition to the norm - If the prize winners want/ require anything in addition to our normal offer then they are subject to the costs. All additional costs associated with changes to the norm must be paid in full 31 days before leaving. Payment should be to Howletts and Port Lympne Estates Ltd.
- We will do our best to give you an enjoyable, trouble-free prize, but occasionally even the best-laid plans can go wrong. In the event of a problem whilst with us, the winner should inform us immediately so that it gives us the opportunity to investigate and rectify.
- As the prize is situated within a Wildlife Park, the management reserve the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behaviour. The winners must take the necessary steps to comply with what will be a reasonable request. In the event of failure to adhere to management requests we reserve the right to terminate the contract and stop the occasion without being liable to any refund or compensation. The winner will be liable for any further costs incurred due to unacceptable behaviour and disruption.
- The winner is responsible for any damage caused to, or theft from allocated tents or the furnishing, utensils and equipment therein or to the Livingstone Lodge generally by any act, default or neglect. The winner should pay Howletts and Port Lympne Estates Ltd an acceptable amount required to make good or remedy and such damage or theft.
- We would recommend that the winners take out holiday/ travel insurance.
- Force majeure. Howletts and Port Lympne Estates Ltd accepts no responsibility for and shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage or alterations, delays or changes arising from circumstances outside of our control including but not limited to industrial dispute, travel delays, natural disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, power failure.
- Data protection. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 (UK) the winner should be assured that we have measures in place to protect their personal information. We will hold their information and may use it to inform them of offers or to send them brochures. If they change their mind and wish to be removed from our mailing list they need to put their request in writing to Port Lympne Wild Animal Park Lympne Nr Ashford Kent CT21 4PD or email@example.com.
Health & Safety
During the prize we ask that the prize winners observe the following. They should:
- Bring warm and wet weather clothes as the weather can be inclement. We also strongly recommend that the prize winner wear sensible shoes. They might also want something snug to wear in bed.
- Never leave vehicles whilst under instruction from the ranger or keeper.
- Never leave the Lodge at any time, unless accompanied by a ranger or keeper.
- Never feed the animals unless agreed by the ranger or keeper.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Do not smoke in or around the tents. There is a designated area where smoking is permitted near to the Lapa.
- Do not climb on any of the fences or railings around the lodge.
- Be aware that in case of a fire, the muster points are located at either the main entrance to the Lodge or at the rear of the Lapa.
- Be aware that in case of an emergency, they must immediately contact a ranger or keeper.