This will make you feel great!
10 Random Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
Are you ready for this? You'll never believe these facts are true… But they are!
Humans have been around for just 0.004% of the Earth's history.
That means, if the history of the world was condensed into a year, homosapiens would appear at approximately 11.30pm on December 31st!
The cigarette lighter was invented before modern matches.
Lighters were invented in 1816 by a German chemist named Johann Wolfgang Döbereiner. The modern match did not appear for another decade; in 1826, matches that worked through friction with a rough surface were invented by British chemist John Walker.
Sherlock Holmes never said his famed catchphrase "elementary, my dear Watson" in Arthur Conan Doyle's original novels.
The jewellery company Tiffany's has technically existed for longer than Italy!
Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded Tiffany & Young in 1837. Italy wasn't unified until 1861.
The Queen is older than sliced bread.
It's true! Queen Elizabeth II was born on 21 April 1926. Iowa jeweller Otto Frederick Rohwedder invented sliced bread in 1928.
A raisin dropped in a glass of champagne will bounce up and down continuously.
We love this.
The French still executed people with the guillotine when the first 'Star Wars' film was released.
'Star Wars' was released on May 25, 1977 - and the last guillotine execution took place on September 10 that year.
Charlie Chaplin once lost a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like contest.
The iconic actor partook in a competition to see who could do the best 'Charlie Chaplin walk' - and finished twentieth!
2013 was the first year since 1987 when all four digits were different from each other.
Dolphins can stay awake for 15 days at a time by sleeping with one half of their brain.
If any dolphins are reading this, get in touch: we'd love to know your secret.
A businesswoman has criticised an airport security guard for rifling through her luggage and having a photograph taken with one of her live lobsters.
A convenience store called Singhsbury's has changed its name after being threatened with legal action... to Morrisinghs.
A top South African athlete has been mugged at gunpoint while out on his morning run.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Hungry hackers stole $3k worth of snacks from CIA vending machines over several months
- Could dangerous toothpick crossbow craze be new fidget spinner?
- Killer whales 'chasing' Alaskan fishermen to steal catch
- People Shared Some Of The Most Bonkers Signs They've Seen On Their Travels!
- You'll Soon Be Able To Go For A Swim 115 Feet In The Air
- Brooklyn Beckham mocked for 'terrible' pictures in new photography book
- UK film industry suffering from diversity 'pandemic'
- 'This is it': Adele hints to fans she may never tour again
- Song by Prince's father John L Nelson released to mark 101st birthday
- R2-D2 it is you, it is you: Salvaged Star Wars droid sells for £2m