A former Argos security guard has ended the 22-year rule of the president of Gambia in a shock election victory.
72 Brand NEW Emojis Will Be Rolled Out This Month
Never seen before emojis coming to a text message near you...
Back in the day we totally underestimated the power of the emoji, right up until the Oxford Dictionaries' Word of the Year 2015 was the crying laughing face:
Now, Unicode Consortium (the official powers behind setting the standard of characters across the computing industry) have announced that there are 72 new emojis to hit our phone keyboards over the next month including some of the ones we've been waiting for.
Picture | Mock-ups of the new emojis by Emojipedia
With these new emojis, we'll be able to accurately let our friends know over text messages EXACTLY how we're feeling, what with the 'shrug', 'face palm' and 'fingers crossed' emojis.
And the fun doesn't stop there. You can now profess your love of the avocado in emoji form - just in time for summer.
Not sure how to tell your mates you're engaging in an afternoon of water polo? No problem, there's an emoji for that. Fencing? It's okay because the emoji keyboard has got your back.
And if you don't understand the need for those kind of emojis, you can express it with the new confusion emoji.
The new emojis will arrive on your keyboard in the June update later this month.
Our right to privacy is about to get a lot more complicated.
Construction of a life-size replica of the Titanic has begun at a Mediterranean-themed attraction in China.
This poll uncovered who Brits feel would make the best celebs to work with and the worst!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Japanese skating rink featuring frozen fish causes a stink
- These Are The 25 Meals 11-Year-Olds Should Be Able To Cook!
- 'My Baby's Got A What?' The Moment Mum Discovers She Didn't Have The Baby She Was Expecting!
- This Waiter Got The Tip Of A Lifetime After A Moved Customer Heard His Story
- Check Out The iMirror! Is This Apple's New Product?
- Giant buttocks and £20,000 in pennies among Turner Prize contenders
- Baldwin offers to 'stop' SNL skit in exchange for Trump's tax returns
- Last Tango In Paris rape scene confession sparks Hollywood backlash
- Amy Schumer set to star in live-action Barbie film
- Major Tim Peake and Eddie Redmayne honoured by the Queen