This will make you feel great!
Beatrix Potter's Mischievous Peter Rabbit Is To Get His Own 50p Coin!
In honour of Beatrix Potter, the beloved character Peter Rabbit will become the first children's literary figure to appear on a UK coin.
Beatrix Potter's mischievous Peter Rabbit is to become the first children's literary character to appear on a UK coin.
Yep, the mischievous bunny will feature on a special commemorative silver 50p coin released in honour of the 150th anniversary of the writer's birth in 1866.
And that's not all. The Royal Mint said three more Potter characters will feature on special edition coins released later in the year to complete a four-piece set.
The coins were created by Royal Mint designer Emma Noble, who has previously worked on pieces commemorating the Diamond Jubilee and Remembrance Sunday.
She said: "I wanted to put Beatrix Potter's illustrations to the forefront of my design as they are lovely images and the characters are very well known.
"I felt they were strong enough to stand alone and I designed them in this way as I thought they would work best for both the coloured commemorative and uncoloured circulating coins."
Uncoloured regular 50p coins featuring the designs will be released into general circulation later this year.
The Tale of Peter Rabbit - telling the story of a determined vegetiable thief - was an instant hit when it was first published in 1902 by Frederick Warne & Co.
Peter went on to appear in five further books by the author but Potter sadly died in 1943 at the age of 77.
A businesswoman has criticised an airport security guard for rifling through her luggage and having a photograph taken with one of her live lobsters.
A convenience store called Singhsbury's has changed its name after being threatened with legal action... to Morrisinghs.
A top South African athlete has been mugged at gunpoint while out on his morning run.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Hungry hackers stole $3k worth of snacks from CIA vending machines over several months
- Could dangerous toothpick crossbow craze be new fidget spinner?
- Killer whales 'chasing' Alaskan fishermen to steal catch
- People Shared Some Of The Most Bonkers Signs They've Seen On Their Travels!
- You'll Soon Be Able To Go For A Swim 115 Feet In The Air
- 'Kill Jay Z'? The king is back, but different
- Iggy Azalea and Demi Lovato hit back after Halsey comments
- Paddington bear author Michael Bond dies aged 91
- Michelle Rodriguez threatens to leave Fast and Furious franchise over limited female roles
- Miranda Kerr forced to hand over $8m worth of jewellery