Critics are outraged by the artwork on the new £10 note in which Jane Austen's portrait appears airbrushed.
Beatrix Potter's Mischievous Peter Rabbit Is To Get His Own 50p Coin!
In honour of Beatrix Potter, the beloved character Peter Rabbit will become the first children's literary figure to appear on a UK coin.
Beatrix Potter's mischievous Peter Rabbit is to become the first children's literary character to appear on a UK coin.
Yep, the mischievous bunny will feature on a special commemorative silver 50p coin released in honour of the 150th anniversary of the writer's birth in 1866.
And that's not all. The Royal Mint said three more Potter characters will feature on special edition coins released later in the year to complete a four-piece set.
The coins were created by Royal Mint designer Emma Noble, who has previously worked on pieces commemorating the Diamond Jubilee and Remembrance Sunday.
She said: "I wanted to put Beatrix Potter's illustrations to the forefront of my design as they are lovely images and the characters are very well known.
"I felt they were strong enough to stand alone and I designed them in this way as I thought they would work best for both the coloured commemorative and uncoloured circulating coins."
Uncoloured regular 50p coins featuring the designs will be released into general circulation later this year.
The Tale of Peter Rabbit - telling the story of a determined vegetiable thief - was an instant hit when it was first published in 1902 by Frederick Warne & Co.
Peter went on to appear in five further books by the author but Potter sadly died in 1943 at the age of 77.
Forget about the blue and black or gold and white dress because the lake or wall debate is back to stress us out.
A sinkhole has opened up in front of Donald Trump's Florida beachside estate, Mar-a-Lago.
We're finally getting treated to some sun this week as temperatures are set to rise above 25 degrees!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- The 2017 Supermarket Of The Year Has Been Revealed! And It's Surprising...
- Dutch king reveals double life as an airline pilot for KLM
- Land Rover sinks in sand at New Jersey beach 'as driver tries to take photos'
- Huge bee swarm sparks rush-hour standstill in southeast London
- Tropical Air Is Coming Our Way As The UK Is Set To Be As Hot AS GREECE!
- Barrymore arrest detective thought star's 'five-minute window' was enough time for murder, court hears
- Tributes to 'debonair citizen of the world' Sir Roger Moore
- Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies at 89
- Dark Universe: Stars to revive monster classics in new franchise
- Zack Snyder quits Justice League after daughter's suicide