The asteroid is due to pass us tonight in what has been labeled 'the fourth close shave of the year'.
Boaty McBoatface Is Back... But It's Not Actually A Boat
Boaty McBoatface the robot submarine has embarked on it's first Antarctic mission.
The year 2016 will go down in history as the year the Natural Environment Research Council regretted asking the public to suggest names for a £200 million research ship.
And the public overwhelmingly chose Boaty McBoatface. And officials, understandably, rejected the public vote and instead named the ship named after Sir David Attenborough.
However, the NERC respectfully reserved the name Boaty McBoatface for a research submarine and they are actually going to be sending it on an Antarctic mission.
The autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) is completely unmanned and will be released into the Orkney passage on its first mission later this month.
Lead scientist Professor Alberto Naveira Garabato, from the University of Southampton, said: "We will measure how fast the streams flow, how turbulent they are, and how they respond to changes in winds over the Southern Ocean.
"Our goal is to learn enough about these convoluted processes to represent them in the models that scientists use to predict how our climate will evolve over the 21st century and beyond.’
BAS oceanographer and co-investigator Dr Povl Abrahamsen added: "The DynOPO project will provide us with a unique, high-resolution dataset combining moored and moving instruments, which will help us get to the bottom of the complex physical processes occurring in this important region."
This is such a heartwarming story of two people who were first brought together in tragic circumstances.
This Zara coat has had a revamp and now you'll want it even more.
We didn't realise we wanted a gin and tonic Easter egg this badly until now!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Would You Pay £2,000 For This Handbag?
- It's Time To Spring Forward! Here's What You Need To Know About The Changing Clocks
- Snake on a plane! Passenger leaves reptile behind after Alaska flight
- Forget Chocolate! This Easter Egg Is Made Entirely Out Of Cheese
- The Best Place To Live In The UK Has Been Revealed! Did Your Town Make The Cut?
- Has Kendrick Lamar just hinted at a new album?
- Loving director Jeff Nichols plans new indie film festival
- James Corden says Westminster attack 'will not divide' London as other stars share tributes
- Deadpool 2: Michael Shannon front-runner to play Cable
- Eurovision: Ukraine bans Russian singer over Crimea visit