The asteroid is due to pass us tonight in what has been labeled 'the fourth close shave of the year'.
Ever Had A Spooky Experience? Here's Why Brian Cox Says GHOSTS Can't Possibly Exist!
Physicists and TV star Brian Cox believes this high-tech piece of equipment proves ghosts are just a figment of our imaginations...
Perhaps it's time to reassess that 'door slamming on its own' story you save for dinner parties?!
According to physicist and all-round TV presenting star, Brian Cox, ghosts can't possibly exist.
Why, you might ask? Well, he says it can be proven by the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.
This ridiculously impressive piece of equipment is the size of a small village, and was used to prove the existence of the Higgs boson - once nicknamed the God Particle - so, yeah, pretty special.
Brian says that the particle collider proves that ghosts don't exist because it has never detected anything that could 'carry' information about us after death.
Basically, no ghost particles have been found by the cleverest machine on earth.
Speaking on Radio 4, Brian said: "We are not here to debate the existence of ghosts because they don’t exist. If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made."
He added: "We must, in other words, invent an extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That’s almost inconceivable at the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies."
So, there you have it.
Wait, hold on a second...
Does that mean Patrick Swayze DIDN'T come back to tell Demi Moore he loved her? Sob!
Do you have a spooky ghost story that can stand up to this scientific fact? Share your tales below...
This is such a heartwarming story of two people who were first brought together in tragic circumstances.
This Zara coat has had a revamp and now you'll want it even more.
We didn't realise we wanted a gin and tonic Easter egg this badly until now!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Would You Pay £2,000 For This Handbag?
- It's Time To Spring Forward! Here's What You Need To Know About The Changing Clocks
- Snake on a plane! Passenger leaves reptile behind after Alaska flight
- Forget Chocolate! This Easter Egg Is Made Entirely Out Of Cheese
- The Best Place To Live In The UK Has Been Revealed! Did Your Town Make The Cut?
- Star Wars star Carrie Fisher and mother Debbie Reynolds remembered
- Cheryl announces birth of first child with Liam Payne on Mother's Day
- Harrison Ford calls himself 'schmuck' after plane landing blunder
- Amber Heard reveals she was warned coming out as bisexual would end career
- Twin Peaks: The 'damn good' revival TV needs