Yes, you did read that correctly.
Ever Had A Spooky Experience? Here's Why Brian Cox Says GHOSTS Can't Possibly Exist!
Physicists and TV star Brian Cox believes this high-tech piece of equipment proves ghosts are just a figment of our imaginations...
Perhaps it's time to reassess that 'door slamming on its own' story you save for dinner parties?!
According to physicist and all-round TV presenting star, Brian Cox, ghosts can't possibly exist.
Why, you might ask? Well, he says it can be proven by the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.
This ridiculously impressive piece of equipment is the size of a small village, and was used to prove the existence of the Higgs boson - once nicknamed the God Particle - so, yeah, pretty special.
Brian says that the particle collider proves that ghosts don't exist because it has never detected anything that could 'carry' information about us after death.
Basically, no ghost particles have been found by the cleverest machine on earth.
Speaking on Radio 4, Brian said: "We are not here to debate the existence of ghosts because they don’t exist. If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made."
He added: "We must, in other words, invent an extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That’s almost inconceivable at the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies."
So, there you have it.
Wait, hold on a second...
Does that mean Patrick Swayze DIDN'T come back to tell Demi Moore he loved her? Sob!
Do you have a spooky ghost story that can stand up to this scientific fact? Share your tales below...
A handwritten parchment of the US Declaration of Independence - only the second known to exist - has been found hidden away in a small English city.
Watch the incredible moment the pair cross the finish line together.
Woolies could be returning to your local high street soon!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Mrs Brown's Boys Star Reveals He 'Almost Killed Margaret Thatcher!'
- Dinosaur egg fossils dating from 70 million years ago found in China
- Winter Returns As Temperatures Set To Plummet At The End Of April
- Mystery surrounds treasure trove of gold coins hidden in piano in Shropshire
- Divorced deacon chosen for popular Austria hermit job
- Serena Williams brands Ilie Nastase's comments 'racist' and 'sexist'
- Sir Elton John struck down by 'potentially deadly' infection
- Mel B lawyers accuse husband Belafonte of inviting killer into family home
- Will Smith to headline Blackpool Livewire Festival with DJ Jazzy Jeff
- Work has begun on FOUR sequels to Avatar, James Cameron reveals dates