Critics are outraged by the artwork on the new £10 note in which Jane Austen's portrait appears airbrushed.
Ever Had A Spooky Experience? Here's Why Brian Cox Says GHOSTS Can't Possibly Exist!
Physicists and TV star Brian Cox believes this high-tech piece of equipment proves ghosts are just a figment of our imaginations...
Perhaps it's time to reassess that 'door slamming on its own' story you save for dinner parties?!
According to physicist and all-round TV presenting star, Brian Cox, ghosts can't possibly exist.
Why, you might ask? Well, he says it can be proven by the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.
This ridiculously impressive piece of equipment is the size of a small village, and was used to prove the existence of the Higgs boson - once nicknamed the God Particle - so, yeah, pretty special.
Brian says that the particle collider proves that ghosts don't exist because it has never detected anything that could 'carry' information about us after death.
Basically, no ghost particles have been found by the cleverest machine on earth.
Speaking on Radio 4, Brian said: "We are not here to debate the existence of ghosts because they don’t exist. If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made."
He added: "We must, in other words, invent an extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That’s almost inconceivable at the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies."
So, there you have it.
Wait, hold on a second...
Does that mean Patrick Swayze DIDN'T come back to tell Demi Moore he loved her? Sob!
Do you have a spooky ghost story that can stand up to this scientific fact? Share your tales below...
Forget about the blue and black or gold and white dress because the lake or wall debate is back to stress us out.
A sinkhole has opened up in front of Donald Trump's Florida beachside estate, Mar-a-Lago.
We're finally getting treated to some sun this week as temperatures are set to rise above 25 degrees!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- The 2017 Supermarket Of The Year Has Been Revealed! And It's Surprising...
- Dutch king reveals double life as an airline pilot for KLM
- Land Rover sinks in sand at New Jersey beach 'as driver tries to take photos'
- Huge bee swarm sparks rush-hour standstill in southeast London
- Tropical Air Is Coming Our Way As The UK Is Set To Be As Hot AS GREECE!
- Barrymore arrest detective thought star's 'five-minute window' was enough time for murder, court hears
- Tributes to 'debonair citizen of the world' Sir Roger Moore
- Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies at 89
- Dark Universe: Stars to revive monster classics in new franchise
- Zack Snyder quits Justice League after daughter's suicide