This will make you feel great!
Brits Hit Back At US Newspaper Who Claimed UK Is 'Left Reeling' After Terror Attack In The Most British Way
When the New York Times described the UK as 'reeling' from the Manchester terror attack, Brits took to twitter to tell the US media they were wrong - in the most British way possible.
In light of the London Bridge terror attack over the weekend, the New York Times ran a story which described the British public as 'still reeling' from the explosion in Manchester just over two weeks ago.
However, Brits weren't happy with their choice of words and hit back in the most British was possible.
The London attacks hit a nation still reeling from the shock of the bombing in Manchester almost 2 weeks ago https://t.co/aapuMBQTmf— The New York Times (@nytimes) June 4, 2017
Taking to Twitter, Brits told The New York Times what really made them 'reel' using the hashtag #ThingsThatLeaveBritainReeling and the results really are quite amusing.
In a world where the news looks pretty dark at the moment, hopefully these tweets will make you realise that the majority of people have all got each other's backs.
Also, they'll make you chuckle.
Kicking off with Harry Potter author JK Rowling giving the intelligent response:
The thugs who mowed down innocent people would love to think of the UK 'reeling' but it isn't. Don't confuse grief with lack of courage. https://t.co/9MEUfPLnkv— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 4, 2017
And these tweeters highlighted the fact that these sorts of attacks haven't beaten us yet:
However, Cassie pointed out the chocolatey drama of the shrinking Quality Street box:
Remember the time that bloke from 'Come Dine With Me' threw a strop when he didn't win?
And then there are the heathens that do this:
That public transport drama too:
And when the toaster just isn't up to scratch:
See, the great British humour will always prevail. Always.
A businesswoman has criticised an airport security guard for rifling through her luggage and having a photograph taken with one of her live lobsters.
A convenience store called Singhsbury's has changed its name after being threatened with legal action... to Morrisinghs.
A top South African athlete has been mugged at gunpoint while out on his morning run.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Hungry hackers stole $3k worth of snacks from CIA vending machines over several months
- Could dangerous toothpick crossbow craze be new fidget spinner?
- Killer whales 'chasing' Alaskan fishermen to steal catch
- People Shared Some Of The Most Bonkers Signs They've Seen On Their Travels!
- You'll Soon Be Able To Go For A Swim 115 Feet In The Air
- 'Kill Jay Z'? The king is back, but different
- Iggy Azalea and Demi Lovato hit back after Halsey comments
- Paddington bear author Michael Bond dies aged 91
- Michelle Rodriguez threatens to leave Fast and Furious franchise over limited female roles
- Miranda Kerr forced to hand over $8m worth of jewellery