Critics are outraged by the artwork on the new £10 note in which Jane Austen's portrait appears airbrushed.
Crime Fighting 1980s Cartoon ‘SuperTed’ Is Back For 2016!
Get ready for a blast from the past because action-packed *ahem* crime-fighting bear ‘SuperTed’ is back for 2016…but will Texas Pete and Skeleton be with him?
‘SuperTed’ creator Mike Young has let slip that a new series of the crime-fighting stuffed animal cartoon from the 1980s will be back in 2016.
We are ridiculously excited about this!
Read more: Barbie Gets An Artistic Makeover
The original cartoon was written in Welsh before being translated into English and it was the first ever show to be sold to Disney by an outside company. Not bad, eh?
If you don’t remember the show, here’s the skinny… ‘Ted’ is a teddy bear (obvs) who’s thrown away like rubbish at a toy factory because he’s not perfect. He’s like the knobbly fruit of kids’ toys.
He’s brought to life by an alien named Spotty and eventually gifted with incredible powers by ‘Mother Nature’.
Other characters in the show included evil cowboy Texas Pete, a skeleton and a stupid overweight man named Bulk. Politically correct it most definitely was not.
If the show goes ahead it is expected to have a much-needed 21st century facelift.
Mike Young told Radio Times in 2014: “In ‘SuperTed’ we had a gun-slinging cowboy, a flamboyantly gay skeleton and a fat guy who had jokes made about his weight. And all these things you just wouldn’t do today.”
What do you think? Would you watch a new series of ‘SuperTed’?
Forget about the blue and black or gold and white dress because the lake or wall debate is back to stress us out.
A sinkhole has opened up in front of Donald Trump's Florida beachside estate, Mar-a-Lago.
We're finally getting treated to some sun this week as temperatures are set to rise above 25 degrees!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- The 2017 Supermarket Of The Year Has Been Revealed! And It's Surprising...
- Dutch king reveals double life as an airline pilot for KLM
- Land Rover sinks in sand at New Jersey beach 'as driver tries to take photos'
- Huge bee swarm sparks rush-hour standstill in southeast London
- Tropical Air Is Coming Our Way As The UK Is Set To Be As Hot AS GREECE!
- 'Nobody does it better': Daniel Craig pays tribute to Sir Roger Moore
- Barrymore arrest detective thought star's 'five-minute window' was enough time for murder, court hears
- Tributes to 'debonair citizen of the world' Sir Roger Moore
- Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies at 89
- Dark Universe: Stars to revive monster classics in new franchise