The asteroid is due to pass us tonight in what has been labeled 'the fourth close shave of the year'.
Happy 10th Birthday Facebook!
Facebook is 10 years old today (can you believe it?!). To celebrate we've put together a list of facts you might not know about the social networking site...
1. You can edit posts and comments if you make a mistake.
Rather than deleting and re-doing your post (boring!), hover your mouse over the right hand corner and edit what you've written with the help of a little pen. Ta da!
2. Clean up your Newsfeed!
Don't like someone's annoying posts but can't for various reasons unfriend them, then hide all their posts from your newsfeed *they'll never know
3. You can be notified every time close friends and family make a post.
4. What it's all about:
'Founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.'
5. Become a better stalker:
One of our biggest fears is that people can tell if you've looked at their Facebook...luckily this is just a myth! Rest assured, people can't see private messages that you have on your own Timeline either. Phew!
6. Checking in:
You can share where you are with your friends by checking into places. You can also find friends nearby. Handy!
7. The Hot Picks:
Trending keeps you up to date by showing you the popular topics and hashtags that are being talked about on Facebook. Here you'll discover all the biggest stories that people have been sharing with each other. To find this, go to the top right hand side of your homepage. Then all you need to do is click one of the trending topics and you can see what people are saying about it.
8. "Aye aye me hearties!"
Did you know you can transform your Facebook page into a swashbuckling adventure...and turn it upside down?! Just go to 'General Account Settings' and 'Language' and scroll down until you get to English UK (Pirate) or English UK (Upside Down). "Arrrgh" indeed!
9. Take a trip down memory lane!
Go to www.facebook.com/lookback and travel back in time through your social history!
10. Facebook was originally called...Facemash! Yes really!
This is such a heartwarming story of two people who were first brought together in tragic circumstances.
This Zara coat has had a revamp and now you'll want it even more.
We didn't realise we wanted a gin and tonic Easter egg this badly until now!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Would You Pay £2,000 For This Handbag?
- It's Time To Spring Forward! Here's What You Need To Know About The Changing Clocks
- Snake on a plane! Passenger leaves reptile behind after Alaska flight
- Forget Chocolate! This Easter Egg Is Made Entirely Out Of Cheese
- The Best Place To Live In The UK Has Been Revealed! Did Your Town Make The Cut?
- Star Wars star Carrie Fisher and mother Debbie Reynolds remembered
- Cheryl announces birth of first child with Liam Payne on Mother's Day
- Harrison Ford calls himself 'schmuck' after plane landing blunder
- Amber Heard reveals she was warned coming out as bisexual would end career
- Twin Peaks: The 'damn good' revival TV needs