A missing boy has been found thanks to a quick-thinking police officer who commandeered a gritter lorry to track him down.
Finally! It's Been Revealed That THIS Is How You Say Scone
What's the fastest cake in the world? Scone! Okay, so that joke only works if you say scone with a short 'o' sounds...
It's the century long debate that has caused many a friendship to be prematurely ended. How does one pronounce 'scone'? The answer can define the type of person you truly are....
Is it scone as in bone? Or scone as in gone? Is the 'o' a long sound or a short sound? Truth is, no one really know what the answer is. That is, until now...
A poll by YouGov - the team behind the election polls - has given us an answer that might just settle the nation. Or enrage it.
The study suggests that, scone pronounced with a short 'o' sound, is the more popular way of saying the name of the very British cake.
But it's a close call, with 51% voting that the name rhymes with gone and 49% rhyming it with bone.
Picture | YouGov
The study also found that the way you say scone also depends on whereabouts in the country you're from.
If you're from the north (60%) or Scotland (80%), you will probably use a short 'o' sounds, whereas the Midlands (56%) are more likely use a long 'o' sound. If you're from London then it's 50/50 on how you pronounce it.
People from a middle class background tend to use the ‘gone’ sound, where as those from a working class background are more evenly split.
Now that that's sorted, can we just decide whether it’s jam then cream or cream then jam?
These clever hacks for making your McDonald's healthy are genius!
This rare Jane Austen note is the last in circulation in England.
Your ability to keep long-distance friendships alive may depend on your gender, according to a new study.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Not Again! A New Pokemon Go Is Heading Our Way...
- Scientists Discover Over 60 New Planets And A HOT "Super Earth."
- These Are The Lovers Who Are Likely To Get Engaged On Valentine's Day
- Britain Is Going To Be Warmer Than Majorca As Temperatures Soar
- Newspaper apologises after using Baldwin SNL photo instead of Trump
- Logan stars Hugh Jackman and Sir Patrick Stewart bid 'au-revoir' to their superhero characters
- Chris Brown given restraining order over 'threat to kill' ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- Star Wars unveils cast for new Han Solo spin-off
- Brits 2017: Diverse nominees in the running for awards tonight
- David Cassidy reveals he has dementia after forgetting songs