A former Argos security guard has ended the 22-year rule of the president of Gambia in a shock election victory.
Finally! It's Been Revealed That THIS Is How You Say Scone
What's the fastest cake in the world? Scone! Okay, so that joke only works if you say scone with a short 'o' sounds...
It's the century long debate that has caused many a friendship to be prematurely ended. How does one pronounce 'scone'? The answer can define the type of person you truly are....
Is it scone as in bone? Or scone as in gone? Is the 'o' a long sound or a short sound? Truth is, no one really know what the answer is. That is, until now...
A poll by YouGov - the team behind the election polls - has given us an answer that might just settle the nation. Or enrage it.
The study suggests that, scone pronounced with a short 'o' sound, is the more popular way of saying the name of the very British cake.
But it's a close call, with 51% voting that the name rhymes with gone and 49% rhyming it with bone.
Picture | YouGov
The study also found that the way you say scone also depends on whereabouts in the country you're from.
If you're from the north (60%) or Scotland (80%), you will probably use a short 'o' sounds, whereas the Midlands (56%) are more likely use a long 'o' sound. If you're from London then it's 50/50 on how you pronounce it.
People from a middle class background tend to use the ‘gone’ sound, where as those from a working class background are more evenly split.
Now that that's sorted, can we just decide whether it’s jam then cream or cream then jam?
Our right to privacy is about to get a lot more complicated.
Construction of a life-size replica of the Titanic has begun at a Mediterranean-themed attraction in China.
This poll uncovered who Brits feel would make the best celebs to work with and the worst!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Japanese skating rink featuring frozen fish causes a stink
- These Are The 25 Meals 11-Year-Olds Should Be Able To Cook!
- 'My Baby's Got A What?' The Moment Mum Discovers She Didn't Have The Baby She Was Expecting!
- This Waiter Got The Tip Of A Lifetime After A Moved Customer Heard His Story
- Check Out The iMirror! Is This Apple's New Product?
- Last Tango In Paris rape scene confession sparks Hollywood backlash
- Amy Schumer set to star in live-action Barbie film
- Major Tim Peake and Eddie Redmayne honoured by the Queen
- Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs 'did not recognise Manuel' due to dementia
- Phil Collins sued by ex-wife over claims made in autobiography