US clothing chain Nordstrom has launched a line of 'dirty' jeans which come with a 'crackled, caked-on muddy coating'.
Finally! It's Been Revealed That THIS Is How You Say Scone
What's the fastest cake in the world? Scone! Okay, so that joke only works if you say scone with a short 'o' sounds...
It's the century long debate that has caused many a friendship to be prematurely ended. How does one pronounce 'scone'? The answer can define the type of person you truly are....
Is it scone as in bone? Or scone as in gone? Is the 'o' a long sound or a short sound? Truth is, no one really know what the answer is. That is, until now...
A poll by YouGov - the team behind the election polls - has given us an answer that might just settle the nation. Or enrage it.
The study suggests that, scone pronounced with a short 'o' sound, is the more popular way of saying the name of the very British cake.
But it's a close call, with 51% voting that the name rhymes with gone and 49% rhyming it with bone.
Picture | YouGov
The study also found that the way you say scone also depends on whereabouts in the country you're from.
If you're from the north (60%) or Scotland (80%), you will probably use a short 'o' sounds, whereas the Midlands (56%) are more likely use a long 'o' sound. If you're from London then it's 50/50 on how you pronounce it.
People from a middle class background tend to use the ‘gone’ sound, where as those from a working class background are more evenly split.
Now that that's sorted, can we just decide whether it’s jam then cream or cream then jam?
You'll be shocked when you see the result!
A rare northern white rhino has gone onto the Tinder dating app in an attempt to keep his species alive.
Yes, you did read that correctly.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Rare US Declaration of Independence copy discovered in Sussex
- Runner Who Helped Struggling Stranger Over Finish Line Is True Marathon Hero
- Woolworths Could Be Making A Return To The UK High Street!
- Mrs Brown's Boys Star Reveals He 'Almost Killed Margaret Thatcher!'
- Dinosaur egg fossils dating from 70 million years ago found in China
- Swayze's Dirty Dancing jacket sells for £48,000 despite niece's call to stop auction
- Harry Styles announces debut solo world tour
- Celebrity luxury event Fyre Festival turns to 'mass chaos'
- Liam Gallagher threatens 'war' with Damon Albarn and brother Noel
- Roman Polanski film to open at Cannes film festival