The "dab" dance is a phenomenon that has caught on around the world.
Can Google Help The NHS Beat Blindness? Tech Giant Is On A Mission To Change The World
Google DeepMind technology is so clever it may have the potential to prevent blindness...and the action is starting here in the UK!
Google has partnered with our very own NHS to help create a machine that can detect potentially blinding eye conditions.
Yes, you heard that right!
Google - the thing you use to look up cinema times and find out how old a celeb is - has a super clever tech division called DeepMind that is changing the world.
The project is taking place at Moorfields Eye Hospital, east London, where Google geeks (and by geeks we mean game changers) are building a machine that can learn to recognise sight-threatening conditions just from scanning your eye.
And when we say learn, we literally mean learn. Google DeepMind specialises in artificial intelligence, so computer systems that can develop a body of knowledge and then use this to make decisions.
To kick things off, Google and the NHS have gathered one million anonymous eye scans to give the algorithm something to learn from. Almost like putting numbers into a calculator.
The technology could be game-changing for diabetics, who are 25 times more likely to go blind. If caught early, it is thought that 98% of sever visual loss could be prevented. How amazing is that?!
Kudos much go to Moorfields consultant Doctor Pearse Keane, who contacted Google to get the groundbreaking 'deep learning' experiment off the, well, ground.
If this isn't a great way to use technology, we don't know what is!
What do you reckon? Can Google use its techy powers to save the world?
A missing boy has been found thanks to a quick-thinking police officer who commandeered a gritter lorry to track him down.
These clever hacks for making your McDonald's healthy are genius!
This rare Jane Austen note is the last in circulation in England.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Men and women 'need different things' to keep friendships alive
- Not Again! A New Pokemon Go Is Heading Our Way...
- Scientists Discover Over 60 New Planets And A HOT "Super Earth."
- These Are The Lovers Who Are Likely To Get Engaged On Valentine's Day
- Britain Is Going To Be Warmer Than Majorca As Temperatures Soar
- Brit Awards honour David Bowie with best male solo artist gong
- The Jungle Book: Animating an Oscar favourite
- Logan stars Hugh Jackman and Sir Patrick Stewart bid 'au-revoir' to their superhero characters
- Chris Brown given restraining order over 'threat to kill' ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- Star Wars unveils cast for new Han Solo spin-off