The asteroid is due to pass us tonight in what has been labeled 'the fourth close shave of the year'.
Can Google Help The NHS Beat Blindness? Tech Giant Is On A Mission To Change The World
Google DeepMind technology is so clever it may have the potential to prevent blindness...and the action is starting here in the UK!
Google has partnered with our very own NHS to help create a machine that can detect potentially blinding eye conditions.
Yes, you heard that right!
Google - the thing you use to look up cinema times and find out how old a celeb is - has a super clever tech division called DeepMind that is changing the world.
The project is taking place at Moorfields Eye Hospital, east London, where Google geeks (and by geeks we mean game changers) are building a machine that can learn to recognise sight-threatening conditions just from scanning your eye.
And when we say learn, we literally mean learn. Google DeepMind specialises in artificial intelligence, so computer systems that can develop a body of knowledge and then use this to make decisions.
To kick things off, Google and the NHS have gathered one million anonymous eye scans to give the algorithm something to learn from. Almost like putting numbers into a calculator.
The technology could be game-changing for diabetics, who are 25 times more likely to go blind. If caught early, it is thought that 98% of sever visual loss could be prevented. How amazing is that?!
Kudos much go to Moorfields consultant Doctor Pearse Keane, who contacted Google to get the groundbreaking 'deep learning' experiment off the, well, ground.
If this isn't a great way to use technology, we don't know what is!
What do you reckon? Can Google use its techy powers to save the world?
This is such a heartwarming story of two people who were first brought together in tragic circumstances.
This Zara coat has had a revamp and now you'll want it even more.
We didn't realise we wanted a gin and tonic Easter egg this badly until now!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Would You Pay £2,000 For This Handbag?
- It's Time To Spring Forward! Here's What You Need To Know About The Changing Clocks
- Snake on a plane! Passenger leaves reptile behind after Alaska flight
- Forget Chocolate! This Easter Egg Is Made Entirely Out Of Cheese
- The Best Place To Live In The UK Has Been Revealed! Did Your Town Make The Cut?
- Star Wars star Carrie Fisher and mother Debbie Reynolds remembered
- Cheryl announces birth of first child with Liam Payne on Mother's Day
- Harrison Ford calls himself 'schmuck' after plane landing blunder
- Amber Heard reveals she was warned coming out as bisexual would end career
- Twin Peaks: The 'damn good' revival TV needs