A former Argos security guard has ended the 22-year rule of the president of Gambia in a shock election victory.
The Top Ten Traits That Make Us British
A new survey has compiled a definitive list of traits that make us British...
Do you strip off as soon as you see a bit of sun? Perhaps you always make cup of tea in a crisis? Or maybe you automatically apologise when someone else knocks into you? Well this new list of the ten most British traits has been released and it turns out you're far from alone...
The study revealed that unsurprisingly Britons make a cup of tea when they have no time to drink it – and even in response to a crisis.
Read More: 10 Things Only British People Understand
The famous British stiff upper lip is also highlighted in the top ten by the poll, as well as declaring British people often say 'it's fine' when faced with poor customer service and queuing for absolutely anything.
Do you do any of the below?
10 MOST COMMON BRITISH TRAITS
1. Wearing summer clothing at the first sight of sun
2. Apologising automatically
3. Ability to talk at length about the weather
4. Making a cup of tea in response to a crisis
5. Finding queue-jumping the ultimate crime
6. Forming a queue for pretty much anything
7. The typical British 'stiff upper lip'
8. Grumbling throughout a meal, but not telling staff so as not to cause a fuss
9. Making sarcastic/dry jokes
10. Having a beer at the airport even though it's before 8am
The 2016 Britishness Audit, commissioned by Tetley, involved an analysis of the British Social Attitudes survey by NatCen Social Research and a poll of 2,000 people by OnePoll.
Our right to privacy is about to get a lot more complicated.
Construction of a life-size replica of the Titanic has begun at a Mediterranean-themed attraction in China.
This poll uncovered who Brits feel would make the best celebs to work with and the worst!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Japanese skating rink featuring frozen fish causes a stink
- These Are The 25 Meals 11-Year-Olds Should Be Able To Cook!
- 'My Baby's Got A What?' The Moment Mum Discovers She Didn't Have The Baby She Was Expecting!
- This Waiter Got The Tip Of A Lifetime After A Moved Customer Heard His Story
- Check Out The iMirror! Is This Apple's New Product?
- Last Tango In Paris rape scene confession sparks Hollywood backlash
- Amy Schumer set to star in live-action Barbie film
- Major Tim Peake and Eddie Redmayne honoured by the Queen
- Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs 'did not recognise Manuel' due to dementia
- Phil Collins sued by ex-wife over claims made in autobiography