Don't you just hate it when you're wrong?
Internet Freaks Out Over Mike Tyson Fight “Time Traveller”
A video from a 1995 Mike Tyson fight has some people online claiming it features a time traveller.
If you had a time machine, when would you go back to? Building of the pyramids? The height of Rome? Coronation of Queen Victoria? A 1995 Mike Tyson fight?
Well some people think option 4 is a reasonable choice after someone posted a video from a 1995 fight between Mike Tyson and Peter McNeeley from that shows an unusual looking audience member.
In some scenes from the fight footage a person in the crowd can be seen filming the bout on a device that looks suspiciously like a very modern smart phone. Have a look for yourself:
Of course, 1995 isn’t so long ago that people didn’t have mobile phones, but the most advanced feature back then was probably the game ‘snake’. The first camera phone didn’t come out until 2000 (which was the Sharp J-SH04, phone fact fans).
So what’s the deal then? Is this proof that time travellers exist and they’re obsessed with minor heavyweight fights?
Er, no. It’s probably a type of handheld camera that wasn’t common at the time, but the kind of thing someone who can afford tickets to a Mike Tyson could probably afford. In fact, it’s probably one of these:
A former Royal Navy search-and-rescue helicopter has been renovated into a holiday home.
Seriously, which one is it?
Here's how not to get caught out by the nasty traps set by energy suppliers.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- This Make-Up Box Isn't What It Looks Like... It's So Much More!
- Have You Got One? These Rare 20p Coins Are Worth Up To £100 EACH!
- 'Incredibly aggressive' seal attacks surfer at Sydney beach
- Husband Pens Touching Tribute To Wife Reminding Her She's More Than A Stay-At-Home Mum
- Spiders 'tune' webs to help catch prey and partners
- Bond star Naomie Harris to receive Variety Award for contribution to UK film
- 'It was never a parody': Schumer dismisses accusations of racism
- 'Vandal' James Otis explains why he defaced Trump 'star'
- 'I felt like a trapped animal': Cranston reveals Breaking Bad inspiration
- Strokes guitarist Nick Valensi out of the shadows with New Skin