A former Argos security guard has ended the 22-year rule of the president of Gambia in a shock election victory.
James Corden Lands Bond Role After Carpool Success!
The cheeky entertainer is in "final talks" to take over from Daniel Craig as the new James Bond, damning any previous speculation that Tom Hiddleston is in line for the role.
No one saw it coming!
James Corden has landed the BIGGEST gig of his career by bagging the lead role in the next Bond film after winning over Hollywood producers.
It's claimed the 'Late Late Show' host will be next in line to play the iconic secret service agent when Daniel Craig bows out, leaving speculation surrounding Tom Hiddleston's casting up in the air.
According to industry insiders final talks are taking place and Corden is "getting ready to put ink to paper" on a lucrative contract to star in the film as top directors are keen to cash in on his rapid Stateside success.
A source reveals: "James has made a big impression on some very influential producers in film who think he has the ability to appeal to both the U.S and U.K market.
"The response to his Carpool Karaoke has been crazy. He's pretty much a household name on both sides of the pond now, so having him in the film could pay off massively at the box office."
It's also thought that producers want to break the mould with Corden by casting a different aesthetic to the ruggedly handsome man's man, Daniel Craig.
The source adds: "The audience's taste has changed over the years. Women are no longer interested in a ripped and muscular James Bond anymore, they want a guy who is more relatable. Fans find Corden's humour incredibly sexy and love his English charm!"
While James isn't the typical fit for the role of 007, he reportedly "blew everyone away" with his audition.
What's more, producers have been impressed with his singing skills on 'Carpool Karaoke' and they are hoping to push the franchise towards a more "musical direction" by working some choreographed musical numbers into the scripts.
It goes without saying this is huge moment for the actor, who first rose to fame on British sitcom 'Gavin and Stacey', but WE HAD YOU FOOLED!!!!
HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!
Unfortunately, Corden won't be actually be getting suited and booted to play Bond anytime soon. But we can dream eh?
Our right to privacy is about to get a lot more complicated.
Construction of a life-size replica of the Titanic has begun at a Mediterranean-themed attraction in China.
This poll uncovered who Brits feel would make the best celebs to work with and the worst!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Japanese skating rink featuring frozen fish causes a stink
- These Are The 25 Meals 11-Year-Olds Should Be Able To Cook!
- 'My Baby's Got A What?' The Moment Mum Discovers She Didn't Have The Baby She Was Expecting!
- This Waiter Got The Tip Of A Lifetime After A Moved Customer Heard His Story
- Check Out The iMirror! Is This Apple's New Product?
- Major Tim Peake and Eddie Redmayne honoured by the Queen
- Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs 'did not recognise Manuel' due to dementia
- Phil Collins sued by ex-wife over claims made in autobiography
- Jamie Oliver baffled by reaction to daughters watching son's birth
- Duran Duran lose 'ugly' court battle over US song copyright