The remains of a mysterious sea creature have washed up on the shore of the Philippines.
Monopoly Have Launched A Helpline To Defuse Family Arguments This Christmas
Hasbro, the people behind Monopoly, are launching a helpline that will run from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day to mediate family arguments caused by the game. There will also be an option to donate to Childline.
It's Christmas Day and you've finished opening presents, you've eaten the feast and there's a few more hours of waiting until the Doctor Who special to start on TV. You know what this calls for? A game of Monopoly.
You've not played it in a while and it seems like a great idea. Even Granny can get involved in this one! As you set up your counters and roll the dice, you suddenly remember why it's been a long time.
Disagreement over the rules start to bubble, players begin to seethe and then someone will try and steal from the banker.
Before you know it, the family friendly board game descends into chaos, disarray and quite possibly a divorce.
But it doesn't have to end this way.
Hasbro, the games firm that makes Monopoly, has announced that it will be operating a special hotline from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day, offering mediation on any game-based arguments.
Picture | iStock
Craig Wilkins, Marketing Director of Hasbro UK & Ireland said: "We'll have experts on hand with the official rulebooks to instantly settle any disputes, and advice on how to resolve common complaints, with each person also having the opportunity to make a donation to Childline when they call."
For help de-escalating any Monopoly-related conflict over the Christmas period, you can contact the Monopoly Hotline on 0800 689 4903 .
Save that number in your phonebook and add it to your favourites because let's face it, you're going to need it.
Or alternatively, forget Monopoly and opt for charades and the whole ordeal will be over with before the Doctor Who Christmas special.
Police have found "thousands" of cannabis plants, valued at more than £1m, in an underground nuclear bunker built during the 1980s.
As Storm Doris blows us all away here are some people who saw the funny side...
The "dab" dance is a phenomenon that has caught on around the world.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Police officer commandeers gritter lorry to find missing boy
- McDonald's Workers Share Tips On How Get The Freshest And Cheapest Food!
- There Is ONE Rare Fiver Worth £50k Left In Circulation In The UK - Could It Be Yours?
- Men and women 'need different things' to keep friendships alive
- Not Again! A New Pokemon Go Is Heading Our Way...
- Emma Thompson 'too sad' to do Love Actually sequel without Alan Rickman
- Ant And Dec Are In Talks To Bring Back SM:tv LIVE For Its 20th Anniversary!
- Beyonce to miss Coachella festival 'on doctors' advice'
- Oscars 2017: Which celebrities will kick off?
- Guess who's back? Eminem to headline Reading and Leeds festivals