Your ability to keep long-distance friendships alive may depend on your gender, according to a new study.
MOOBS Makes It Into The Oxford English Dictionary! And You'll Never Guess What Else...
It gets to this time every year and it never ceases to amaze us that some of the words we throw around in our everyday chit chat make it into the Oxford English Dictionary. And this year it's the age of the 'moobs'.
We've been using it since it was first recorded in 2001 and it refers to the 'unusually prominent breasts on a man'. Yep, that's right, it's a 'man boob'.
Picture | iStock
We're not sure what this is going to do for body confidence, so let's use it in a polite manner okay?
'Westminster bubble' - which was first recorded being used in 1998 - has also made it in to the dictionary and it us used to describe the tight community of politicians, journalists and civil servants who appear to be out of touch with ordinary person. We can all relate to this one, right?
Another word that has been included in the dictionary update it 'gender-fluid' which refers to people who don't identify as either male or female. Despite not being made official, we've been using this one since 1987.
Picture | iStock
A few foodie terms have also pushed their way in such as 'cheese-eating', 'chef de partie', 'chef de cabinet' and 'chefdom' - which refers to the status achieved by a chef.
Cheeseball has also been added and is used to describe someone or something lacking taste, style, or originality; or the breaded and deep fried cheese appetizer!
So for all of the cheese-lovers out there: you've officially made it in to the Oxford English Dictionary!
Just when we thought that Pokemon Go had left for good it's coming back!
A team of astronomers have discovered 60 new planets operating very close to our solar system and a hot “super-Earth” named the named Gliese 411b.
Does your name make the list? You might want to find out...
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Britain Is Going To Be Warmer Than Majorca As Temperatures Soar
- Newspaper apologises after using Baldwin SNL photo instead of Trump
- Sir David Attenborough Is Buzzing To Have A Snail Named After Him!
- The Real Reason Why Your Friends Are Posting A Heart Emoji On Facebook
- What makes women good dancers? Study finds it is all in the hips
- Eastenders Bosses Defend Danny Dyer Ahead Of His Absence On The Show
- Moonlight outshines Oscar favourite La La Land at WGA awards
- Daniel Craig now second longest-serving 007
- Piers Morgan pulls out of hosting RTS Awards over 'silly' campaign
- Drive my car: Beatles star George Harrison's Porsche being auctioned