This is such a heartwarming story of two people who were first brought together in tragic circumstances.
Controversial Shoe Ad Claims 'Man-Hunting' Heels Can Bag You A Man.
In a throwback to the 50s a popular shoe brand has caused a storm as their latest campaign claims a new collection of heels will help single ladies bag their 'starter husband', presumably before upgrading to a real one! Yep you heard it girls!
Picture this ! So you're dropping your child off on their first day at school, what do you wear? Well according to shoe brand Nine West you'd be so overcome with grief that buying a pair of heels from their latest range would prove the perfect remedy, and what's more you'll get to make the other yummy mummies green with envy of course!
And if you're single? Don't fear because the brand's stylish range of stilettos, in particular the leopard print heels are apparently your secret weapon to bagging that 'starter husband', that is before you trade him in for a real one. Oh! And don't forget the trendy handbag that will help you through the embarrassment of that 'anticipated walk of shame'.
These are just some of the dubious claims made in Nine-West's new ad campaign.
"Go get 'em tiger," reads one of website ads for their man-catching heels. "Whether you're looking for Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now … we've got a shoe for that."
A company representative says that the new campaign, targeted towards females aged 25-49, "is not offensive" and is an attempt to modernise the brand, however, it continues to ruffle feathers among Twitter users who feel its depiction of women is more 'Mad Men' than 2014!
On Nine West's site and I can't find "I Won't Sign Your Prenup" pumps anywhere.— Andrea Lavinthal (@andilavs) August 5, 2014
Other occasions Nine West should make shoes for: graceful exits from bad dates, Tindering, explaining to grandma why you're (STILL) single— Kate Guarente (@kate_guarente) August 4, 2014
Nine West why are your hunting husband shoes NOT for hunting and killing actual husbands?????— Sylvia Wickersham (@Loolabette) August 5, 2014
This Zara coat has had a revamp and now you'll want it even more.
We didn't realise we wanted a gin and tonic Easter egg this badly until now!
Balenciaga have released a handbag with a startling resemblance to something we all might have in the cupboard.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- It's Time To Spring Forward! Here's What You Need To Know About The Changing Clocks
- Snake on a plane! Passenger leaves reptile behind after Alaska flight
- Forget Chocolate! This Easter Egg Is Made Entirely Out Of Cheese
- The Best Place To Live In The UK Has Been Revealed! Did Your Town Make The Cut?
- The New McDonalds App Will Revolutionise The Way You Order!
- James Corden says Westminster attack 'will not divide' London as other stars share tributes
- Deadpool 2: Michael Shannon front-runner to play Cable
- Eurovision: Ukraine bans Russian singer over Crimea visit
- Kesha suffers another setback in court battle with Dr Luke
- Charlie Hunnam related to 'selfish conflict' of Lost City of Z protagonist