Critics are outraged by the artwork on the new £10 note in which Jane Austen's portrait appears airbrushed.
Controversial Shoe Ad Claims 'Man-Hunting' Heels Can Bag You A Man.
In a throwback to the 50s a popular shoe brand has caused a storm as their latest campaign claims a new collection of heels will help single ladies bag their 'starter husband', presumably before upgrading to a real one! Yep you heard it girls!
Picture this ! So you're dropping your child off on their first day at school, what do you wear? Well according to shoe brand Nine West you'd be so overcome with grief that buying a pair of heels from their latest range would prove the perfect remedy, and what's more you'll get to make the other yummy mummies green with envy of course!
And if you're single? Don't fear because the brand's stylish range of stilettos, in particular the leopard print heels are apparently your secret weapon to bagging that 'starter husband', that is before you trade him in for a real one. Oh! And don't forget the trendy handbag that will help you through the embarrassment of that 'anticipated walk of shame'.
These are just some of the dubious claims made in Nine-West's new ad campaign.
"Go get 'em tiger," reads one of website ads for their man-catching heels. "Whether you're looking for Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now … we've got a shoe for that."
A company representative says that the new campaign, targeted towards females aged 25-49, "is not offensive" and is an attempt to modernise the brand, however, it continues to ruffle feathers among Twitter users who feel its depiction of women is more 'Mad Men' than 2014!
On Nine West's site and I can't find "I Won't Sign Your Prenup" pumps anywhere.— Andrea Lavinthal (@andilavs) August 5, 2014
Other occasions Nine West should make shoes for: graceful exits from bad dates, Tindering, explaining to grandma why you're (STILL) single— Kate Guarente (@kate_guarente) August 4, 2014
Nine West why are your hunting husband shoes NOT for hunting and killing actual husbands?????— Sylvia Wickersham (@Loolabette) August 5, 2014
Forget about the blue and black or gold and white dress because the lake or wall debate is back to stress us out.
A sinkhole has opened up in front of Donald Trump's Florida beachside estate, Mar-a-Lago.
We're finally getting treated to some sun this week as temperatures are set to rise above 25 degrees!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- The 2017 Supermarket Of The Year Has Been Revealed! And It's Surprising...
- Dutch king reveals double life as an airline pilot for KLM
- Land Rover sinks in sand at New Jersey beach 'as driver tries to take photos'
- Huge bee swarm sparks rush-hour standstill in southeast London
- Tropical Air Is Coming Our Way As The UK Is Set To Be As Hot AS GREECE!
- Ariana Grande 'broken' after Manchester concert attack
- James Corden Leads Tributes To Victims Of Horrifying Terror Attack In Manchester
- Tetiaroa - the remote island where Pippa Middleton is on honeymoon
- Comedian Vic Reeves lands Coronation Street role
- Michael Barrymore begins court fight for compensation