A budding four-year-old astronaut who sent NASA a letter asking it to build a rocket he designed was thrilled when the space agency replied with their own letter praising him.
This Clever Optical Illusion Has Got The Internet Freaking Out
Ambiguous Cylinder Illusion
This seemingly simple trick has got us racking our brains trying to figure out the answer...
The eyes are funny things, and the smallest trick can completely pull the wool over them and have you questioning everything you 've ever known - or thought you knew.
Now a new mind-boggling trick has us pulling our hair out!
What appears to be a bunch of circular cylinders, somehow (as if by magic) appears as rectangular cylinders when put against their reflection in the mirror.
This genius invention is the 'ambiguous cylinders' illusion, the creation of Kokichi Sugihar, a professor of engineering at Meiji University in Japan.
So how does he do it?
Its thought that the mysterious cylinders rely on the viewer looking at a structure from a certain angle along with the help of some strategically placed folds that look like curves when seen back to front.
It's no surprise that Sugihar's illusion came first runner-up in the Best Illusion of the Year contest, a community-run competition that aims to remind us that "all perception is illusory to some extent."
Well, its safe to say they've done that successfully!
It takes 'twit twoo to tango'....
Most dream of a 24-carat gold engagement ring… but one woman was merely thrilled to find her own one-carrot band.
A man who drove himself to hospital after accidentally shooting a nail into his heart was lucky to survive, doctors say.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Martine McCutcheon's Cheesy Acting Past Resurfaces...
- WATCH! Young Boy Uses Pocket Money to Make Gifts For The Homeless
- Goldfish turn to alcohol to get through winter in icy ponds
- Scott expedition cake found near South Pole 'almost' edible
- Jurassic crocodile named after late Motorhead frontman Lemmy
- Bonnie Tyler totally eclipses Despacito to hit number one on iTunes in US
- What do you think of the year's funniest joke?
- Game Of Thrones star Emilia Clarke on character's 'heartbreaking' loss
- Jay Z denies his latest song was written about Kanye West
- Beatles' handwritten Eleanor Rigby score goes on auction