An absent-minded teenager has been reunited with his car three days after forgetting where he had parked it.
This Clever Optical Illusion Has Got The Internet Freaking Out
Ambiguous Cylinder Illusion
This seemingly simple trick has got us racking our brains trying to figure out the answer...
The eyes are funny things, and the smallest trick can completely pull the wool over them and have you questioning everything you 've ever known - or thought you knew.
Now a new mind-boggling trick has us pulling our hair out!
What appears to be a bunch of circular cylinders, somehow (as if by magic) appears as rectangular cylinders when put against their reflection in the mirror.
This genius invention is the 'ambiguous cylinders' illusion, the creation of Kokichi Sugihar, a professor of engineering at Meiji University in Japan.
So how does he do it?
Its thought that the mysterious cylinders rely on the viewer looking at a structure from a certain angle along with the help of some strategically placed folds that look like curves when seen back to front.
It's no surprise that Sugihar's illusion came first runner-up in the Best Illusion of the Year contest, a community-run competition that aims to remind us that "all perception is illusory to some extent."
Well, its safe to say they've done that successfully!
Ford is hoping 18 smell assessors, known as "golden noses", will help revive its falling car sales in China.
Movies have led us to believe that Tyrannosaurus rex could run at terrifying speeds, but new research suggests the reality was different.
A couple have made history by becoming the first to tie the knot in the British Antarctic Territory.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- 'Indestructible' eight-legged tardigrade will easily outlive humans
- Man stuck in cash machine feeds 'help' notes through receipt slot
- Eels on wheels as 3,400kg fish truck overturns
- Got you covered? 300,000 umbrellas stolen in share scheme start-up
- US Vice President Mike Pence mocks his own NASA blunder
- Chernobyl series to mark first Sky/HBO partnership
- The Jump dropped for one year by Channel 4
- Venice 2017: Strong line-up to jump start awards season
- Madonna wins damages from MailOnline for 'serious invasion of privacy'
- Mercury Prize: Ed Sheeran faces acts including Stormzy and The xx for album award