A teenager who went viral on Twitter when he was filmed dancing the Macarena on a Saudi Arabian street has been arrested.
The Real Reason Cows Lie Down Is Nothing To Do With The Rain
We all know the saying "If the cows lie down that means it's going to rain"...but the truth is a little different!
We've all been on countryside walks and spotted the phenomenon at some point or other.
One minute these docile animals would be standing around happily chewing on some grass and the next thing you know they'd all be sitting together in a huddle.
Although you may have heard the claim that 'if cows sit down it means it's going to rain, this is in fact an old wives' tale.
The truth is nobody really knows for certain why these herbivores lie down from time to time.
However, there are several theories!
A scientific study done by the University of Arizona and North Missouri, claims that these farmyard creatures actually lie down because the temperature of the air has an effect on their milk production.
Basically cows do like to sit down when it's cooler. This is because they like to keep a patch of grass dry and keep their stomach warm. And cooler air might potentially indicate coming rain.
Read more: NASA's Most Mind-blowing Instagram Pictures
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board however, says that cows have a very complicated digestion system and lying down could help them turn their dinner of grass into milk.
Meanwhile Dr Jamieson Allen is another scientist who debunks the theory completely.
Allen states in 'The Modern Farmer' that cows usually lie down because they're tired, just like us. They could also be "heat-stressed," or simply "following the leader of the herd."
Whoever thought of this deserves a promotion.
A rare white koala has been born at Australia Zoo in Queensland - and the search is on for a perfect name.
A budding four-year-old astronaut who sent NASA a letter asking it to build a rocket he designed was thrilled when the space agency replied with their own letter praising him.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- WATCH: Adorable Moment Teen Owl Gets The 'Hoots' For A Giant Statue
- Woman finds diamond engagement ring on carrot after 13 years
- Man 'lucky to survive' after shooting himself in heart with nail gun
- Martine McCutcheon's Cheesy Acting Past Resurfaces...
- WATCH! Young Boy Uses Pocket Money to Make Gifts For The Homeless
- The Rock crumbles as Mark Wahlberg earns best-paid actor title
- Morrissey announces new album Low In High School
- Foo Fighters turn to 'Brit pop' producer for new album Concrete and Gold
- Bradley Walsh rumoured to play Doctor Who sidekick
- Sense8: Porn site offers to pick up Netflix's cancelled LGBTQ show