Critics are outraged by the artwork on the new £10 note in which Jane Austen's portrait appears airbrushed.
The Real Reason Cows Lie Down Is Nothing To Do With The Rain
We all know the saying "If the cows lie down that means it's going to rain"...but the truth is a little different!
We've all been on countryside walks and spotted the phenomenon at some point or other.
One minute these docile animals would be standing around happily chewing on some grass and the next thing you know they'd all be sitting together in a huddle.
Although you may have heard the claim that 'if cows sit down it means it's going to rain, this is in fact an old wives' tale.
The truth is nobody really knows for certain why these herbivores lie down from time to time.
However, there are several theories!
A scientific study done by the University of Arizona and North Missouri, claims that these farmyard creatures actually lie down because the temperature of the air has an effect on their milk production.
Basically cows do like to sit down when it's cooler. This is because they like to keep a patch of grass dry and keep their stomach warm. And cooler air might potentially indicate coming rain.
Read more: NASA's Most Mind-blowing Instagram Pictures
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board however, says that cows have a very complicated digestion system and lying down could help them turn their dinner of grass into milk.
Meanwhile Dr Jamieson Allen is another scientist who debunks the theory completely.
Allen states in 'The Modern Farmer' that cows usually lie down because they're tired, just like us. They could also be "heat-stressed," or simply "following the leader of the herd."
Forget about the blue and black or gold and white dress because the lake or wall debate is back to stress us out.
A sinkhole has opened up in front of Donald Trump's Florida beachside estate, Mar-a-Lago.
We're finally getting treated to some sun this week as temperatures are set to rise above 25 degrees!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- The 2017 Supermarket Of The Year Has Been Revealed! And It's Surprising...
- Dutch king reveals double life as an airline pilot for KLM
- Land Rover sinks in sand at New Jersey beach 'as driver tries to take photos'
- Huge bee swarm sparks rush-hour standstill in southeast London
- Tropical Air Is Coming Our Way As The UK Is Set To Be As Hot AS GREECE!
- 'Nobody does it better': Daniel Craig pays tribute to Sir Roger Moore
- Barrymore arrest detective thought star's 'five-minute window' was enough time for murder, court hears
- Tributes to 'debonair citizen of the world' Sir Roger Moore
- Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies at 89
- Dark Universe: Stars to revive monster classics in new franchise