He may have been the most terrifying carnivore ever to have walked the Earth but the fearsome Tyrannosaurus rex was apparently also a sensitive lover.
The Real Reason Cows Lie Down Is Nothing To Do With The Rain
We all know the saying "If the cows lie down that means it's going to rain"...but the truth is a little different!
We've all been on countryside walks and spotted the phenomenon at some point or other.
One minute these docile animals would be standing around happily chewing on some grass and the next thing you know they'd all be sitting together in a huddle.
Although you may have heard the claim that 'if cows sit down it means it's going to rain, this is in fact an old wives' tale.
The truth is nobody really knows for certain why these herbivores lie down from time to time.
However, there are several theories!
A scientific study done by the University of Arizona and North Missouri, claims that these farmyard creatures actually lie down because the temperature of the air has an effect on their milk production.
Basically cows do like to sit down when it's cooler. This is because they like to keep a patch of grass dry and keep their stomach warm. And cooler air might potentially indicate coming rain.
Read more: NASA's Most Mind-blowing Instagram Pictures
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board however, says that cows have a very complicated digestion system and lying down could help them turn their dinner of grass into milk.
Meanwhile Dr Jamieson Allen is another scientist who debunks the theory completely.
Allen states in 'The Modern Farmer' that cows usually lie down because they're tired, just like us. They could also be "heat-stressed," or simply "following the leader of the herd."
The sculptor whose statue of Cristiano Ronaldo was ridiculed for failing to resemble the Portuguese forward has defended his work.
A bust of Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has caused a storm online - for all the wrong reasons.
As summer camps go, this is the wackiest one we've heard of and it will be heading to London in August!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- River Tyne 'booze cruise' plans slammed by police
- Have You Been Committing This HUGE Tea Making Faux Pas?
- Can You Tell The Celebrity From The Waxwork In Our Hardest Quiz EVER
- Your Favourite Chocolate Could Be Shrinking In Size!
- An Asteroid Is Due To Zoom Past Earth A Bit Too Close For Comfort Tonight!
- Ricky Gervais defends 'dead babies' joke at show in Belfast
- Frozen producer reveals film's original ending was very different
- Glastonbury 2017 line-up will include Katy Perry, The XX and Stormzy
- Oscars blunder sparks new rules backstage for PwC accountants
- Celebrities join Royals' emotional mental health campaign