After posting an advert in his local newspaper asking for a job to "save me from dying of boredom", pensioner Joe has been inundated with job offers!
The Way You See This Shape Says A Lot About Your Personality
Here’s a simple question that can tell us an awful lot about you. Is this a circle?
It's a simple test, yet one which apparently yields rather interesting results.
Look at this shape and what do you see? A circle, a square perhaps? There's no right or wrong answer, but what you see says more about you than you may think.
If you see a circle:
You are more likely to be liberal. You are more likely to be in support of same-sex marriage, aid for the homeless and poor, and agree with the legalisation of 'soft' drugs. You are more willing to help fellow humans who need assistance.
If you see any other shape:
You are more likely to be conservative. You are interested in immigration issues, protecting the rights of business and the full criminalisation of drugs. You are less forgiving of the faults of others and believe people should take responsibility for their own problems.
The study, written by Dr Ben Ambridge from the University of Liverpool and published in the journal of Personality and Social Psychology (before being featured in his book Psy-Q) came to these conclusions, with subjects shown a range of images which were slightly altered from their 'perfect' state.
People more willing to 'forgive' the flaws in the shape were also more willing to the same in real life, with people.
It's just the circle of life…
A former Argos security guard has ended the 22-year rule of the president of Gambia in a shock election victory.
Our right to privacy is about to get a lot more complicated.
Construction of a life-size replica of the Titanic has begun at a Mediterranean-themed attraction in China.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- The Celebs People Would Most And LEAST Like As House Mates Have Been Revealed...
- Japanese skating rink featuring frozen fish causes a stink
- These Are The 25 Meals 11-Year-Olds Should Be Able To Cook!
- 'My Baby's Got A What?' The Moment Mum Discovers She Didn't Have The Baby She Was Expecting!
- This Waiter Got The Tip Of A Lifetime After A Moved Customer Heard His Story
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt 'took a risk' portraying Snowden
- Bob Dylan wants speech read at Nobel ceremony that he won't attend
- 'Golden backside' and £20,000 in pennies among Turner Prize contenders
- Baldwin offers to 'stop' SNL skit in exchange for Trump's tax returns
- Last Tango In Paris rape scene confession sparks Hollywood backlash