These clever hacks for making your McDonald's healthy are genius!
Sir David Attenborough Is Buzzing To Have A Snail Named After Him!
Sir David Attenborough has been honoured with a species of snail being named after him and he can hardly contain his excitement!
Sir David Attenborough has certainly made his mark on science which has been celebrated by naming a prehistoric lion, a goblin spider and a butterfly after our favourite biologist. Now, the snail has got in on the action too.
The rare green and red snail was discovered in December 2016 and has since been labelled the Attenborougharion rubicundus.
Sir David Attenborough has had a snail named after him. Picture | Getty
It grows to around 35-45 millimetres long and it has a thin, reduced shell and a brightly coloured red and green body.
The Attenborougharion rubicundus (we know, it's quite a mouthful) is only found in a small area in the south-east of Tasmania, Australia, and was bestowed Sir David’s name in a ceremony at Sydney’s Australian Museum on Wednesday, where Sir David was clearly pleased to receive the honour.
In a speech to honour the occasion, the humbled scientist said: "Attenborougharion rubicundus will be on my wall in pokerwork, and I hope a photograph, for a long time to come, and I accept it with the greatest of pleasure and utmost thanks to you all."
Catherine Livingstone AO, the Australian Museum Trust’s President, said in a statement: "There is no one else — you have no peer. Australia and the international community have benefited from your curiosity, knowledge, and unending commitment to the natural world to bring us the stories, and make us aware of the challenges we face, in a way that no one else has been able to do."
We couldn't agree more.
This rare Jane Austen note is the last in circulation in England.
Your ability to keep long-distance friendships alive may depend on your gender, according to a new study.
Just when we thought that Pokemon Go had left for good it's coming back!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Scientists Discover Over 60 New Planets And A HOT "Super Earth."
- These Are The Lovers Who Are Likely To Get Engaged On Valentine's Day
- Britain Is Going To Be Warmer Than Majorca As Temperatures Soar
- Newspaper apologises after using Baldwin SNL photo instead of Trump
- The Real Reason Why Your Friends Are Posting A Heart Emoji On Facebook
- Frances Bean Cobain pays tribute to dad Kurt on his birthday
- Drake slams Grammys: 'I was labelled rapper because I'm black'
- Ashley Roberts Speaks Up On Scarlett Moffatt Replacing Her On Saturday Night Takeaway
- Billions shows TV's first gender non-binary character
- Harry Potter play casts spell at WhatsOnStage awards