US clothing chain Nordstrom has launched a line of 'dirty' jeans which come with a 'crackled, caked-on muddy coating'.
Sir David Attenborough Is Buzzing To Have A Snail Named After Him!
Sir David Attenborough has been honoured with a species of snail being named after him and he can hardly contain his excitement!
Sir David Attenborough has certainly made his mark on science which has been celebrated by naming a prehistoric lion, a goblin spider and a butterfly after our favourite biologist. Now, the snail has got in on the action too.
The rare green and red snail was discovered in December 2016 and has since been labelled the Attenborougharion rubicundus.
Sir David Attenborough has had a snail named after him. Picture | Getty
It grows to around 35-45 millimetres long and it has a thin, reduced shell and a brightly coloured red and green body.
The Attenborougharion rubicundus (we know, it's quite a mouthful) is only found in a small area in the south-east of Tasmania, Australia, and was bestowed Sir David’s name in a ceremony at Sydney’s Australian Museum on Wednesday, where Sir David was clearly pleased to receive the honour.
In a speech to honour the occasion, the humbled scientist said: "Attenborougharion rubicundus will be on my wall in pokerwork, and I hope a photograph, for a long time to come, and I accept it with the greatest of pleasure and utmost thanks to you all."
Catherine Livingstone AO, the Australian Museum Trust’s President, said in a statement: "There is no one else — you have no peer. Australia and the international community have benefited from your curiosity, knowledge, and unending commitment to the natural world to bring us the stories, and make us aware of the challenges we face, in a way that no one else has been able to do."
We couldn't agree more.
You'll be shocked when you see the result!
A rare northern white rhino has gone onto the Tinder dating app in an attempt to keep his species alive.
Yes, you did read that correctly.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Rare US Declaration of Independence copy discovered in Sussex
- Runner Who Helped Struggling Stranger Over Finish Line Is True Marathon Hero
- Woolworths Could Be Making A Return To The UK High Street!
- Mrs Brown's Boys Star Reveals He 'Almost Killed Margaret Thatcher!'
- Dinosaur egg fossils dating from 70 million years ago found in China
- Swayze's Dirty Dancing jacket sells for £48,000 despite niece's call to stop auction
- Harry Styles announces debut solo world tour
- Celebrity luxury event Fyre Festival turns to 'mass chaos'
- Liam Gallagher threatens 'war' with Damon Albarn and brother Noel
- Roman Polanski film to open at Cannes film festival