The remains of a mysterious sea creature have washed up on the shore of the Philippines.
Spiderman Would Need Size 89 Feet To Be Able To Walk Up Walls, According To Science!
You know what they say about men with big feet? They wear big socks!
And are more likely to be able to climb walls apparently... This is according to science. It's a bit long winded but stick with us.
Research by Cambridge University zoologists has found that geckos are the largest animals that can scale vertical surfaces using their sticky footpads.
Read more: Tough Girls! 10 Fierce Female Heroines
The gecko is the largest animal that can climb walls - and it's tiny! Picture | Heart
The research also showed that humans would need sticky pads covering roughly 40% of their body surface - or roughly 80% of their front - to be able to walk up a walk vertically like Peter Parker, aka Spiderman. This is because the bigger the animal, the more they weigh and the sticker they need to be!
Co-author Dr Walter Federle said: “If a human wanted to walk up a wall the way a gecko does, we’d need impractically large sticky feet - our shoes would need to be a European size 145 or a US size 114.”
This means that Spiderman would need at least size 69 feet to be able to scale walls!
We reckon Spiderman will have to stay a figment of fiction because that would be one funny lookin' super hero.
Police have found "thousands" of cannabis plants, valued at more than £1m, in an underground nuclear bunker built during the 1980s.
As Storm Doris blows us all away here are some people who saw the funny side...
The "dab" dance is a phenomenon that has caught on around the world.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Police officer commandeers gritter lorry to find missing boy
- McDonald's Workers Share Tips On How Get The Freshest And Cheapest Food!
- There Is ONE Rare Fiver Worth £50k Left In Circulation In The UK - Could It Be Yours?
- Men and women 'need different things' to keep friendships alive
- Not Again! A New Pokemon Go Is Heading Our Way...
- Jodie Foster warns over Donald Trump's 'attack on democracy'
- Will practice make perfect for La La Land star?
- Foo Fighters to headline at Glastonbury 2017
- Emma Thompson 'too sad' to do Love Actually sequel without Alan Rickman
- Ant And Dec Are In Talks To Bring Back SM:tv LIVE For Its 20th Anniversary!