Police cars were scrambled to a potentially serious assault only to discover two people dressed as zombies.
Spiderman Would Need Size 89 Feet To Be Able To Walk Up Walls, According To Science!
You know what they say about men with big feet? They wear big socks!
And are more likely to be able to climb walls apparently... This is according to science. It's a bit long winded but stick with us.
Research by Cambridge University zoologists has found that geckos are the largest animals that can scale vertical surfaces using their sticky footpads.
Read more: Tough Girls! 10 Fierce Female Heroines
The gecko is the largest animal that can climb walls - and it's tiny! Picture | Heart
The research also showed that humans would need sticky pads covering roughly 40% of their body surface - or roughly 80% of their front - to be able to walk up a walk vertically like Peter Parker, aka Spiderman. This is because the bigger the animal, the more they weigh and the sticker they need to be!
Co-author Dr Walter Federle said: “If a human wanted to walk up a wall the way a gecko does, we’d need impractically large sticky feet - our shoes would need to be a European size 145 or a US size 114.”
This means that Spiderman would need at least size 69 feet to be able to scale walls!
We reckon Spiderman will have to stay a figment of fiction because that would be one funny lookin' super hero.
A man has been bitten by a python after trying to take a selfie with the creature.
Fans of the the books and films can now discover exactly what animal they produce from their wands if they can face to face (in a magical parallel world) with a dementor.
A researcher who lived as a badger in a Welsh hole is among winners of the annual spoof prizes for quirky scientific achievement.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Warning as Portuguese man-of-war found on England's beaches
- If You Want To Swim In A Sea Of Stars Then This Is Where You Need To Go
- Would YOU Live In The Real Life Dursley's Family Home? Well Now You Actually Can!
- Watch The Incredible Moment Alistair Brownlee Helps His Brother Over The Line In World Triathlon Series
- Stuntman successfully completes Evel Knievel canyon jump
- God Save The King! First-ever computer music recording restored
- Eva Green says Peculiar film shows 'being a bit strange is okay'
- Sacked Corrie star Marc Anwar apologises for 'unacceptable' tweets
- U2 frontman Bono warns US has 'everything' to lose if Trump wins
- Will Sex And The City return? It's a possibility, says Parker