Police have found "thousands" of cannabis plants, valued at more than £1m, in an underground nuclear bunker built during the 1980s.
Spiders Be Gone! This October Keep The Creepy Crawlies OUT Of Your House For Good!
Oh gawwwwdddd! Yes, it's that time of year again where our homes get INVADED by one of the scariest creatures in the animal kingdom. Here's how to naturally stop them in their tracks.
There are many things we love about Autumn. The return of wrapping up in lots of cosy layers, ditching that summer diet (at last!) and Halloween and Bonfire night on the way...
BUT, there's one thing about the return of the cooler months that try as we may, we just can't get on board with... SPIDERS!
Each year, come September these eight-legged creeps pop up everywhere we look.
From gardens, to inside our actual houses, it's an arachnophobe's nightmare!
But never fear, because we've got just the formula for getting rid of the creeps.
Plug up holes and gaps that aren't meant to be there:
Easier said than done we know, especially with older buildings. However, if you fill in all the little nooks and crannies the cheeky critters are much less likely to make it in in the first place.
A mesh insect screen on your windows will work wonders too.
Caulk can also be used to fill in gaps in walls where and when they appear.
Turn your night lights OFF:
Outdoor lights certainly look pretty, but they also act as a big shining beacon to creepy crawlies wanting to get into your nice warm home.
Flies, moths and mosquitos get confused by the lights and will congregate... hence creating a veritable fest for our eight-legged friends.
Pest spray is never the ideal option let's be honest. Apart from smelling horrible and chemically, it's not very eco-friendly and can play havoc with your skin if it gets on your hands.
Instead, why not try peppermint oil, tea-tree or citrus, as spiders notoriously don't like them - bingo!
Get your pets involved:
It might sounds like a last resort, but dogs and cats love to play. Why not encourage them to use their natural instincts and chase spiders instead?
So there you have it - now you can go an enjoy your Autumn in peace. Hurrah!
As Storm Doris blows us all away here are some people who saw the funny side...
The "dab" dance is a phenomenon that has caught on around the world.
A missing boy has been found thanks to a quick-thinking police officer who commandeered a gritter lorry to track him down.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- McDonald's Workers Share Tips On How Get The Freshest And Cheapest Food!
- There Is ONE Rare Fiver Worth £50k Left In Circulation In The UK - Could It Be Yours?
- Men and women 'need different things' to keep friendships alive
- Not Again! A New Pokemon Go Is Heading Our Way...
- Scientists Discover Over 60 New Planets And A HOT "Super Earth."
- Oscars 2017: Which celebrities will kick off?
- Guess who's back? Eminem to headline Reading and Leeds festivals
- Corrie In Crisis! Storm Doris Forces Coronation Street Filming To Stop
- Simon Cowell's security guard 'on the loo' during £1m raid on X Factor supremo's home
- Oscars 2017: Breaking down barriers after race row