He may have been the most terrifying carnivore ever to have walked the Earth but the fearsome Tyrannosaurus rex was apparently also a sensitive lover.
"I'm A Shooting Star": Asteroid Named After Freddie Mercury For 70th Birthday
The world-famous Queen lyrics go "I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky", but now that's going to be put into practice FOR REAL!
November 24 1991 was a tragic day in pop history, when the world lost one of our greatest performers of all time.
The death of Freddie Mercury at the tender age of just 45 hit the world hard.
But now, on what would have been his 70th birthday, we're celebrating the enigmatic frontman in the most fitting way possible.
The 'Don't Stop Me Now' hitmaker is to have an asteroid named after him, all thanks to the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Centre.
The singer will join the likes of Bruce Springsteen and The Beatles as part of the pop space odyssey taking over our skies.
Queen guitarist Brian May announced the happy tidings at a recent party in Switzerland:
"I’m happy to be able to announce that the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center has today designated Asteroid 17473, discovered 1991, in Freddie’s name, timed to honour his 70th birthday,” said May."
So now Freddie won't just share his name with a planet, but an asteroid as well!
We can't think of a more fitting way to celebrate his greatness.
The sculptor whose statue of Cristiano Ronaldo was ridiculed for failing to resemble the Portuguese forward has defended his work.
A bust of Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has caused a storm online - for all the wrong reasons.
As summer camps go, this is the wackiest one we've heard of and it will be heading to London in August!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- River Tyne 'booze cruise' plans slammed by police
- Have You Been Committing This HUGE Tea Making Faux Pas?
- Can You Tell The Celebrity From The Waxwork In Our Hardest Quiz EVER
- Your Favourite Chocolate Could Be Shrinking In Size!
- An Asteroid Is Due To Zoom Past Earth A Bit Too Close For Comfort Tonight!
- Ricky Gervais defends 'dead babies' joke at show in Belfast
- Frozen producer reveals film's original ending was very different
- Glastonbury 2017 line-up will include Katy Perry, The XX and Stormzy
- Oscars blunder sparks new rules backstage for PwC accountants
- Celebrities join Royals' emotional mental health campaign