Physicists and TV star Brian Cox believes this high-tech piece of equipment proves ghosts are just a figment of our imaginations...
The Ten Most Ridiculous Time-Wasting 999 Calls
The police have released a list of the worst time-wasting emergency phone calls, including someone who called searching for a bacon sarnie in the early hours...
Have you just been served a cold kebab and find yourself furious at the injustice of it? Maybe you've overslept and realise that you're going to miss a flight so need a last minute speedy get-to-the-airport-now ride? Or while drunk, you're wondering where the best place to get a bacon sandwich at 4am might be?
Who you gon’ call? Not the police. OK?!
Yep, this is real, this actually happened. Complaints about cold kebabs and clowns overcharging for balloons were just some of the ridiculous 999 calls made across England over the festive period. So in order to remind the public that calls to the number are for emergencies – and not just when you fancy a chat, the Met Police has released a list of 10 of the worst calls, including one about where to get a bacon sandwich.
Here’s the full list of the top ten most ridiculous time-wasting calls...
1. A woman calling to say she had bought a cold kebab and the shop would not replace it
2. Callers who missed their alarm and were going to be late for a flight wanting officers to take them to the airport.
3. A woman who had seen a clown in London selling balloons for £5 each, which was much more than other clowns were charging.
4. Callers in distress because their low-fuel indicator light had come on.
5. A man calling to say his 50p coin was stuck in a washing machine at his local launderette and he wanted police to retrieve it.
6. A man who did not have change for a parking machine claiming staff at a car park had kidnapped him because they were refusing to let him out for free.
7. A caller who dialled 999 at 4am on a Saturday morning and asked: "Where is the best place to get a bacon sandwich right now?"
8. A man who called 999 as he was advised to call 111 but did not know the number.
9. A woman who wanted police to deal with a couple of noisy foxes outside her home as they were preventing her from sleeping.
10. A woman who dialled 999 to say there were men in her house trying to take her away. The men in question were police officers who had come to arrest her.
Think carefully before calling 999. And if you need to contact the police in a non-emergency, you can call 101.
Read More: Middle Class Mums And Their Kids Overheard
Yes you read that correctly...a whale gatecrashed this couple's wedding!
The remains of a mysterious sea creature have washed up on the shore of the Philippines.
Police have found "thousands" of cannabis plants, valued at more than £1m, in an underground nuclear bunker built during the 1980s.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Brits Are Taking Storm Doris In Good Humour As Winds Set To Reach EIGHTY MPH
- How you can perfect the 'dabbing' move Tom Watson apparently tried at PMQs
- Police officer commandeers gritter lorry to find missing boy
- McDonald's Workers Share Tips On How Get The Freshest And Cheapest Food!
- There Is ONE Rare Fiver Worth £50k Left In Circulation In The UK - Could It Be Yours?
- JK Rowling Shows Her Wicked Side With Teasing Fantastic Beasts Sequel Tweet!
- British songwriter accuses U2 of stealing song for Achtung Baby
- Oscars gaffe: PwC consultant Brian Cullinan behind La La Land mix-up
- Car involved in Tupac Shakur shooting goes on sale for £1.2m
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's funeral: Sister hopes socialite 'heals in heaven'