Whoever thought of this deserves a promotion.
Imagine A Shopping Trip With No Parking Dramas? It Might Be Just Around The Corner…
There's nothing worse than aimlessly driving round a car park on the hunt for a space, but this professor might have found the perfect formula...
Don't get us wrong, we LOVE shopping, but the hell of trying to find a car parking space can often put us off a splurge.
However, one cunning Professor has revealed the perfect mathematics behind what makes a pain free car park...
In an article for The Conversation , mathematics professor at the University of Salford, David Percy, explains the sums behind the theory:
With a rectangular layout, you need to change your direction of travel by 90 degrees, which requires a substantial lane width to accommodate your turning circle,’ Percy wrote.
‘But for a diagonal layout, the bays on both sides are inclined towards you. These require less course adjustment and the access lane can be narrower, so we can fit more parking bays into the same space.'
'For a large car park, a 45 degree bay angle leads to an efficiency saving of 23%'
Diagonal spaces? If you say so David!
Can someone please let every shopping centre in the UK know this crucial info - we need to go shopping!
A rare white koala has been born at Australia Zoo in Queensland - and the search is on for a perfect name.
A budding four-year-old astronaut who sent NASA a letter asking it to build a rocket he designed was thrilled when the space agency replied with their own letter praising him.
It takes 'twit twoo to tango'....
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Woman finds diamond engagement ring on carrot after 13 years
- Man 'lucky to survive' after shooting himself in heart with nail gun
- Martine McCutcheon's Cheesy Acting Past Resurfaces...
- WATCH! Young Boy Uses Pocket Money to Make Gifts For The Homeless
- Goldfish turn to alcohol to get through winter in icy ponds
- Foo Fighters turn to 'Brit pop' producer for new album Concrete and Gold
- Bradley Walsh rumoured to play Doctor Who sidekick
- Sense8: Porn site offers to pick up Netflix's cancelled LGBTQ show
- Bonnie Tyler totally eclipses Despacito to hit number one on iTunes in US
- What do you think of the year's funniest joke?