An absent-minded teenager has been reunited with his car three days after forgetting where he had parked it.
Imagine A Shopping Trip With No Parking Dramas? It Might Be Just Around The Corner…
There's nothing worse than aimlessly driving round a car park on the hunt for a space, but this professor might have found the perfect formula...
Don't get us wrong, we LOVE shopping, but the hell of trying to find a car parking space can often put us off a splurge.
However, one cunning Professor has revealed the perfect mathematics behind what makes a pain free car park...
In an article for The Conversation , mathematics professor at the University of Salford, David Percy, explains the sums behind the theory:
With a rectangular layout, you need to change your direction of travel by 90 degrees, which requires a substantial lane width to accommodate your turning circle,’ Percy wrote.
‘But for a diagonal layout, the bays on both sides are inclined towards you. These require less course adjustment and the access lane can be narrower, so we can fit more parking bays into the same space.'
'For a large car park, a 45 degree bay angle leads to an efficiency saving of 23%'
Diagonal spaces? If you say so David!
Can someone please let every shopping centre in the UK know this crucial info - we need to go shopping!
Ford is hoping 18 smell assessors, known as "golden noses", will help revive its falling car sales in China.
Movies have led us to believe that Tyrannosaurus rex could run at terrifying speeds, but new research suggests the reality was different.
A couple have made history by becoming the first to tie the knot in the British Antarctic Territory.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- 'Indestructible' eight-legged tardigrade will easily outlive humans
- Man stuck in cash machine feeds 'help' notes through receipt slot
- Eels on wheels as 3,400kg fish truck overturns
- Got you covered? 300,000 umbrellas stolen in share scheme start-up
- US Vice President Mike Pence mocks his own NASA blunder
- Venice 2017: Strong line-up to jump start awards season
- Madonna wins damages from MailOnline for 'serious invasion of privacy'
- Mercury Prize: Ed Sheeran faces acts including Stormzy and The xx for album award
- Justin Bieber hits photographer with pick-up truck in Beverly Hills
- James Bond is dead, long live the Kingsman!