Police have found "thousands" of cannabis plants, valued at more than £1m, in an underground nuclear bunker built during the 1980s.
Imagine A Shopping Trip With No Parking Dramas? It Might Be Just Around The Corner…
There's nothing worse than aimlessly driving round a car park on the hunt for a space, but this professor might have found the perfect formula...
Don't get us wrong, we LOVE shopping, but the hell of trying to find a car parking space can often put us off a splurge.
However, one cunning Professor has revealed the perfect mathematics behind what makes a pain free car park...
In an article for The Conversation , mathematics professor at the University of Salford, David Percy, explains the sums behind the theory:
With a rectangular layout, you need to change your direction of travel by 90 degrees, which requires a substantial lane width to accommodate your turning circle,’ Percy wrote.
‘But for a diagonal layout, the bays on both sides are inclined towards you. These require less course adjustment and the access lane can be narrower, so we can fit more parking bays into the same space.'
'For a large car park, a 45 degree bay angle leads to an efficiency saving of 23%'
Diagonal spaces? If you say so David!
Can someone please let every shopping centre in the UK know this crucial info - we need to go shopping!
As Storm Doris blows us all away here are some people who saw the funny side...
The "dab" dance is a phenomenon that has caught on around the world.
A missing boy has been found thanks to a quick-thinking police officer who commandeered a gritter lorry to track him down.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- McDonald's Workers Share Tips On How Get The Freshest And Cheapest Food!
- There Is ONE Rare Fiver Worth £50k Left In Circulation In The UK - Could It Be Yours?
- Men and women 'need different things' to keep friendships alive
- Not Again! A New Pokemon Go Is Heading Our Way...
- Scientists Discover Over 60 New Planets And A HOT "Super Earth."
- Beyonce to miss Coachella festival 'on doctors' advice'
- Oscars 2017: Which celebrities will kick off?
- Guess who's back? Eminem to headline Reading and Leeds festivals
- Corrie In Crisis! Storm Doris Forces Coronation Street Filming To Stop
- Simon Cowell's security guard 'on the loo' during £1m raid on X Factor supremo's home