It's tough for trees to thrive in the semi-desert Sous valley region of southern Morocco, but scientists have found that some might be getting a helping hand from an unlikely source.
Imagine A Shopping Trip With No Parking Dramas? It Might Be Just Around The Corner…
There's nothing worse than aimlessly driving round a car park on the hunt for a space, but this professor might have found the perfect formula...
Don't get us wrong, we LOVE shopping, but the hell of trying to find a car parking space can often put us off a splurge.
However, one cunning Professor has revealed the perfect mathematics behind what makes a pain free car park...
In an article for The Conversation , mathematics professor at the University of Salford, David Percy, explains the sums behind the theory:
With a rectangular layout, you need to change your direction of travel by 90 degrees, which requires a substantial lane width to accommodate your turning circle,’ Percy wrote.
‘But for a diagonal layout, the bays on both sides are inclined towards you. These require less course adjustment and the access lane can be narrower, so we can fit more parking bays into the same space.'
'For a large car park, a 45 degree bay angle leads to an efficiency saving of 23%'
Diagonal spaces? If you say so David!
Can someone please let every shopping centre in the UK know this crucial info - we need to go shopping!
Critics are outraged by the artwork on the new £10 note in which Jane Austen's portrait appears airbrushed.
Forget about the blue and black or gold and white dress because the lake or wall debate is back to stress us out.
A sinkhole has opened up in front of Donald Trump's Florida beachside estate, Mar-a-Lago.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- This Week's Temperatures Could Bring The Hottest Day Of The Year!
- The 2017 Supermarket Of The Year Has Been Revealed! And It's Surprising...
- Dutch king reveals double life as an airline pilot for KLM
- Land Rover sinks in sand at New Jersey beach 'as driver tries to take photos'
- Huge bee swarm sparks rush-hour standstill in southeast London
- Cannes 2017: Crowning the new King and Queen
- Ariana Grande's manager Scooter Braun vows to 'fight on' after Manchester attack
- Game Of Thrones new trailer: 'The Great War is here!'
- Ariana Grande cancels UK shows after Manchester Arena terror attack
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o Twitter joke turns into crime caper film deal