He may have been the most terrifying carnivore ever to have walked the Earth but the fearsome Tyrannosaurus rex was apparently also a sensitive lover.
Imagine A Shopping Trip With No Parking Dramas? It Might Be Just Around The Corner…
There's nothing worse than aimlessly driving round a car park on the hunt for a space, but this professor might have found the perfect formula...
Don't get us wrong, we LOVE shopping, but the hell of trying to find a car parking space can often put us off a splurge.
However, one cunning Professor has revealed the perfect mathematics behind what makes a pain free car park...
In an article for The Conversation , mathematics professor at the University of Salford, David Percy, explains the sums behind the theory:
With a rectangular layout, you need to change your direction of travel by 90 degrees, which requires a substantial lane width to accommodate your turning circle,’ Percy wrote.
‘But for a diagonal layout, the bays on both sides are inclined towards you. These require less course adjustment and the access lane can be narrower, so we can fit more parking bays into the same space.'
'For a large car park, a 45 degree bay angle leads to an efficiency saving of 23%'
Diagonal spaces? If you say so David!
Can someone please let every shopping centre in the UK know this crucial info - we need to go shopping!
The sculptor whose statue of Cristiano Ronaldo was ridiculed for failing to resemble the Portuguese forward has defended his work.
A bust of Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has caused a storm online - for all the wrong reasons.
As summer camps go, this is the wackiest one we've heard of and it will be heading to London in August!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- River Tyne 'booze cruise' plans slammed by police
- Have You Been Committing This HUGE Tea Making Faux Pas?
- Can You Tell The Celebrity From The Waxwork In Our Hardest Quiz EVER
- Your Favourite Chocolate Could Be Shrinking In Size!
- An Asteroid Is Due To Zoom Past Earth A Bit Too Close For Comfort Tonight!
- Ricky Gervais defends 'dead babies' joke at show in Belfast
- Frozen producer reveals film's original ending was very different
- Glastonbury 2017 line-up will include Katy Perry, The XX and Stormzy
- Oscars blunder sparks new rules backstage for PwC accountants
- Celebrities join Royals' emotional mental health campaign