Critics are outraged by the artwork on the new £10 note in which Jane Austen's portrait appears airbrushed.
This Very Polite Nan Asks Google A Question, Thank You Very Much
It's a well known fact that the older you get, the more you just don't 'do' the internet. No matter how many times we are shown how it's done, we just don't get it.
But sometimes the world of old fashioned values meets the modern day worldwide web and what happens next is absolutely adorable.
Take Ben's nan for example. When Ben John from Wigan opened up his nan's laptop, the last page she had opened appeared on the screen. It was a Google page with perhaps the politest search request ever made.
Omg opened my Nan's laptop and when she's googled something she's put 'please' and 'thank you'. I can't pic.twitter.com/hiy2tecBjU— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 9, 2016
Nan had asked the search engine a question - and had not forgotten her manners in the process. She'd typed: 'Please translate these roman numerals mcmxcviiii thank you.'
Once he'd stopped laughing, he asked his nan why she'd used 'please' and 'thank you' to Google and she replies that she thought it was 'the norm'.
@martynhett it's too much isn't it! I asked her about it and she just thought it was the norm— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 10, 2016
Ben posted the photo to Twitter and Ben's nan has some super fans!
@Push10Ben so cute, what an icon— martyn (@martynhett) June 10, 2016
And then there are the more cynical fans...
@Push10Ben You’ll thank her when Google drones control the world. “Remember my nan would thank you when performing web searches…”— Martin Bean (@martinbean) June 10, 2016
Thanks Ben's nan for reminding us that there is no excuse for forgetting your manners. And the answer is 1998. You're welcome.
Forget about the blue and black or gold and white dress because the lake or wall debate is back to stress us out.
A sinkhole has opened up in front of Donald Trump's Florida beachside estate, Mar-a-Lago.
We're finally getting treated to some sun this week as temperatures are set to rise above 25 degrees!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- The 2017 Supermarket Of The Year Has Been Revealed! And It's Surprising...
- Dutch king reveals double life as an airline pilot for KLM
- Land Rover sinks in sand at New Jersey beach 'as driver tries to take photos'
- Huge bee swarm sparks rush-hour standstill in southeast London
- Tropical Air Is Coming Our Way As The UK Is Set To Be As Hot AS GREECE!
- Ariana Grande cancels UK shows after Manchester Arena terror attack
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o Twitter joke turns into crime caper film deal
- Tin Star: Tim Roth drunk, angry and seeking revenge in new series
- Morrissey criticises 'bullet-proof bubble' May over Manchester concert attack
- Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 to take flight next year