Burger King just threw the ultimate shade to McDonald's with it's ghost costume.
This Very Polite Nan Asks Google A Question, Thank You Very Much
It's a well known fact that the older you get, the more you just don't 'do' the internet. No matter how many times we are shown how it's done, we just don't get it.
But sometimes the world of old fashioned values meets the modern day worldwide web and what happens next is absolutely adorable.
Take Ben's nan for example. When Ben John from Wigan opened up his nan's laptop, the last page she had opened appeared on the screen. It was a Google page with perhaps the politest search request ever made.
Omg opened my Nan's laptop and when she's googled something she's put 'please' and 'thank you'. I can't pic.twitter.com/hiy2tecBjU— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 9, 2016
Nan had asked the search engine a question - and had not forgotten her manners in the process. She'd typed: 'Please translate these roman numerals mcmxcviiii thank you.'
Once he'd stopped laughing, he asked his nan why she'd used 'please' and 'thank you' to Google and she replies that she thought it was 'the norm'.
@martynhett it's too much isn't it! I asked her about it and she just thought it was the norm— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 10, 2016
Ben posted the photo to Twitter and Ben's nan has some super fans!
@Push10Ben so cute, what an icon— martyn (@martynhett) June 10, 2016
And then there are the more cynical fans...
@Push10Ben You’ll thank her when Google drones control the world. “Remember my nan would thank you when performing web searches…”— Martin Bean (@martinbean) June 10, 2016
Thanks Ben's nan for reminding us that there is no excuse for forgetting your manners. And the answer is 1998. You're welcome.
Don't you just hate it when you're wrong?
A former Royal Navy search-and-rescue helicopter has been renovated into a holiday home.
Seriously, which one is it?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- These Six Tricks Could Save You HUNDREDS On Your Winter Fuel Bill
- This Make-Up Box Isn't What It Looks Like... It's So Much More!
- Have You Got One? These Rare 20p Coins Are Worth Up To £100 EACH!
- 'Incredibly aggressive' seal attacks surfer at Sydney beach
- Husband Pens Touching Tribute To Wife Reminding Her She's More Than A Stay-At-Home Mum
- Lily Allen told to 'find an immigrant' to give her a ride by cab driver
- Hacker Ryan Collins jailed for stealing nude celebrity photos
- Bond star Naomie Harris to receive Variety Award for contribution to UK film
- 'It was never a parody': Schumer dismisses accusations of racism
- 'Vandal' James Otis explains why he defaced Trump 'star'