Chocolate fans we have some devastating news for you. Some of the nation's best loved packs of choc are shrinking in size.
This Very Polite Nan Asks Google A Question, Thank You Very Much
It's a well known fact that the older you get, the more you just don't 'do' the internet. No matter how many times we are shown how it's done, we just don't get it.
But sometimes the world of old fashioned values meets the modern day worldwide web and what happens next is absolutely adorable.
Take Ben's nan for example. When Ben John from Wigan opened up his nan's laptop, the last page she had opened appeared on the screen. It was a Google page with perhaps the politest search request ever made.
Omg opened my Nan's laptop and when she's googled something she's put 'please' and 'thank you'. I can't pic.twitter.com/hiy2tecBjU— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 9, 2016
Nan had asked the search engine a question - and had not forgotten her manners in the process. She'd typed: 'Please translate these roman numerals mcmxcviiii thank you.'
Once he'd stopped laughing, he asked his nan why she'd used 'please' and 'thank you' to Google and she replies that she thought it was 'the norm'.
@martynhett it's too much isn't it! I asked her about it and she just thought it was the norm— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 10, 2016
Ben posted the photo to Twitter and Ben's nan has some super fans!
@Push10Ben so cute, what an icon— martyn (@martynhett) June 10, 2016
And then there are the more cynical fans...
@Push10Ben You’ll thank her when Google drones control the world. “Remember my nan would thank you when performing web searches…”— Martin Bean (@martinbean) June 10, 2016
Thanks Ben's nan for reminding us that there is no excuse for forgetting your manners. And the answer is 1998. You're welcome.
The asteroid is due to pass us tonight in what has been labeled 'the fourth close shave of the year'.
This is such a heartwarming story of two people who were first brought together in tragic circumstances.
This Zara coat has had a revamp and now you'll want it even more.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- All Our Easter Dreams Have Been Answered Thanks To This G&T Easter Egg
- Would You Pay £2,000 For This Handbag?
- It's Time To Spring Forward! Here's What You Need To Know About The Changing Clocks
- Snake on a plane! Passenger leaves reptile behind after Alaska flight
- Forget Chocolate! This Easter Egg Is Made Entirely Out Of Cheese
- Harry Styles teases first solo album after One Direction split
- Vogue Williams 'still recovering' from Jump injury
- Star Wars star Carrie Fisher and mother Debbie Reynolds remembered
- Cheryl announces birth of first child with Liam Payne on Mother's Day
- Harrison Ford calls himself 'schmuck' after plane landing blunder