US clothing chain Nordstrom has launched a line of 'dirty' jeans which come with a 'crackled, caked-on muddy coating'.
This Very Polite Nan Asks Google A Question, Thank You Very Much
It's a well known fact that the older you get, the more you just don't 'do' the internet. No matter how many times we are shown how it's done, we just don't get it.
But sometimes the world of old fashioned values meets the modern day worldwide web and what happens next is absolutely adorable.
Take Ben's nan for example. When Ben John from Wigan opened up his nan's laptop, the last page she had opened appeared on the screen. It was a Google page with perhaps the politest search request ever made.
Omg opened my Nan's laptop and when she's googled something she's put 'please' and 'thank you'. I can't pic.twitter.com/hiy2tecBjU— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 9, 2016
Nan had asked the search engine a question - and had not forgotten her manners in the process. She'd typed: 'Please translate these roman numerals mcmxcviiii thank you.'
Once he'd stopped laughing, he asked his nan why she'd used 'please' and 'thank you' to Google and she replies that she thought it was 'the norm'.
@martynhett it's too much isn't it! I asked her about it and she just thought it was the norm— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 10, 2016
Ben posted the photo to Twitter and Ben's nan has some super fans!
@Push10Ben so cute, what an icon— martyn (@martynhett) June 10, 2016
And then there are the more cynical fans...
@Push10Ben You’ll thank her when Google drones control the world. “Remember my nan would thank you when performing web searches…”— Martin Bean (@martinbean) June 10, 2016
Thanks Ben's nan for reminding us that there is no excuse for forgetting your manners. And the answer is 1998. You're welcome.
You'll be shocked when you see the result!
A rare northern white rhino has gone onto the Tinder dating app in an attempt to keep his species alive.
Yes, you did read that correctly.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Rare US Declaration of Independence copy discovered in Sussex
- Runner Who Helped Struggling Stranger Over Finish Line Is True Marathon Hero
- Woolworths Could Be Making A Return To The UK High Street!
- Mrs Brown's Boys Star Reveals He 'Almost Killed Margaret Thatcher!'
- Dinosaur egg fossils dating from 70 million years ago found in China
- Godfather cast reunites for 'emotional' 45th anniversary
- Election artist Cornelia Parker sees role more like 'court fool'
- Hollywood writers' strike set to disrupt TV and film production
- Swayze's Dirty Dancing jacket sells for £48,000 despite niece's call to stop auction
- Harry Styles announces debut solo world tour