Whoever thought of this deserves a promotion.
This Very Polite Nan Asks Google A Question, Thank You Very Much
It's a well known fact that the older you get, the more you just don't 'do' the internet. No matter how many times we are shown how it's done, we just don't get it.
But sometimes the world of old fashioned values meets the modern day worldwide web and what happens next is absolutely adorable.
Take Ben's nan for example. When Ben John from Wigan opened up his nan's laptop, the last page she had opened appeared on the screen. It was a Google page with perhaps the politest search request ever made.
Omg opened my Nan's laptop and when she's googled something she's put 'please' and 'thank you'. I can't pic.twitter.com/hiy2tecBjU— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 9, 2016
Nan had asked the search engine a question - and had not forgotten her manners in the process. She'd typed: 'Please translate these roman numerals mcmxcviiii thank you.'
Once he'd stopped laughing, he asked his nan why she'd used 'please' and 'thank you' to Google and she replies that she thought it was 'the norm'.
@martynhett it's too much isn't it! I asked her about it and she just thought it was the norm— Ben John (@Push10Ben) June 10, 2016
Ben posted the photo to Twitter and Ben's nan has some super fans!
@Push10Ben so cute, what an icon— martyn (@martynhett) June 10, 2016
And then there are the more cynical fans...
@Push10Ben You’ll thank her when Google drones control the world. “Remember my nan would thank you when performing web searches…”— Martin Bean (@martinbean) June 10, 2016
Thanks Ben's nan for reminding us that there is no excuse for forgetting your manners. And the answer is 1998. You're welcome.
A rare white koala has been born at Australia Zoo in Queensland - and the search is on for a perfect name.
A budding four-year-old astronaut who sent NASA a letter asking it to build a rocket he designed was thrilled when the space agency replied with their own letter praising him.
It takes 'twit twoo to tango'....
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Woman finds diamond engagement ring on carrot after 13 years
- Man 'lucky to survive' after shooting himself in heart with nail gun
- Martine McCutcheon's Cheesy Acting Past Resurfaces...
- WATCH! Young Boy Uses Pocket Money to Make Gifts For The Homeless
- Goldfish turn to alcohol to get through winter in icy ponds
- Foo Fighters turn to 'Brit pop' producer for new album Concrete and Gold
- Bradley Walsh rumoured to play Doctor Who sidekick
- Sense8: Porn site offers to pick up Netflix's cancelled LGBTQ show
- Bonnie Tyler totally eclipses Despacito to hit number one on iTunes in US
- What do you think of the year's funniest joke?